British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT'S all about opinions ... that's mine. I don't believe Lambert was going to beat Sayfutdinov with or without Tai's help. And that is no criticism of Robert.

So no point even trying then? We've had it rammed down our throats that it's all about team riding & how Tai has been looking out for Robert - just a shame he forgot about him when it really mattered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SORRY, I will re-phrase that ... he was never going to beat Emil after he had been relegated to the back. If Lambert had been second or third off the first turn Tai's tactics might well have been different. Anyway its all in the eye of the beholder. 

No way ? did you watch the race Lambert all but passed him on the last lap !! it's amazing that you been around speedway so long but you are  still quite clueless 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Terrible crowd. No way should Poland get all these finals.

The next SoN should be hosted by Poole.

Will we ever see that ?

1 minute ago, TheReturn said:

Yes I suggested similar the other day. But I agree with this, it deserves another go with a bit of tweaking.

WOULDN'T have an U-21 rider, just a third member of the squad. Riders for each race can be determined by team manager.

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

IF it was race winner takes all in the final we wouldn't be having this discussion and Tai would be a hero. Have never agreed with second and third trumping first.

To do it the other way means that the person who comes last wins. Does that seem right?

If you are doing pairs, you should avoid finals and just use total scores.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

It's very easy to explain to someone in the pub.  Qualify for the final and then win the final to win the meeting.  Same as dozens of sports around the world. Not liking the format isn't the same as it being incomprehensible. 

Do they find the superbowl winner being champions instead of the team that won the most games through the season equally baffling?

Sorry but cobblers the team that finishes top should be champions end of

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF it was race winner takes all in the final we wouldn't be having this discussion and Tai would be a hero. Have never agreed with second and third trumping first.

But they werent... you really are being a bit thick tonight 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, orion said:

No way ? did you watch the race Lambert all but passed him on the last lap !! it's amazing that you been around speedway so long but you are  still quite clueless 

IT'S an art

29 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Exactly , easy for us to sit on our couches and criticise , any one of us would have took second place at the start of the week 

I 've worked my backside off in the past to help speedway. I'm disabled now so think I've earned the rest. I hadn't realised that disqualified me from giving the only help I can now - trying to make people think. ;)

You're normally so right but I think you've blinded by some great racing and missing the point about the stupid format this time. 

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Oh for  goodness sake!

I've been saying that for months.

But this week. Today. Tonight. The only rules that matter are the ones we have been given.

Those should have been 'used' to give us a chance.

Not moan about them 'being wrong'.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, foamfence said:

The tactics were probably discussed with the manager before the race. Rather sad that you call anyone with a different opinion to you "a bit daft."

I didn't call anyone with a different opinion "a bit daft".

I called anyone who can't understand the simple rule that the team with the rider in 4th place lose "a bit daft".

And I stand by that fact that anyone who can't understand a simple rule is, by definition, a bit daft.

Do you understand that the team with the fourth place rider are the losers?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, longlivefrankie said:

Second in a world team event and some people still complaining?

We finished first and had victory stolen by a crap format. Sometimes you have to look further than the end of your nose. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, r8gdp said:

Sorry but cobblers the team that finishes top should be champions end of

So you can explain it, you just dislike it.  A rather different criticism.

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

But it wasn't. And he would have !!

Mistake made for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Obviously we wpuldn’t be having this discussion if it was race winner!Trouble is,and I am pointing out the bleeding obvious here,it wasn’t 

• Like 3