British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Think Rossiter practically told everyone he was surplus to requirements after the Belle Vue meeting,and going by tonight think Tai is going to be running the show from behind the scenes.Cook was magnanimous to Robert which I applaud him for,but don't really think It was all rosy in the Team.We might do ok in Pairs Competions with Tai in the Team though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orion said:

Not sure where your find it but he said it in  a statement... there big fuss about it at the time ..I did find another quote from him thou ...it's makes it  even odder that he was doing wheelies after the final race tonight .

"I want gold," says Woffinden." Who gives a f*** about silver, you're first loser, let's celebrating losing, f*** that.

"I'm on the podium and everyone's got a smile on their face and I'm thinking 'why's everybody happy, we

If true, Woffy needs to take a look at himself

13 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Read it more carefully

I don't need to. Have you heard of the term inference?

7 minutes ago, orion said:

Not sure where your find it but he said it in  a statement... there big fuss about it at the time ..I did find another quote from him thou ...it's makes it  even odder that he was doing wheelies after the final race tonight .

"I want gold," says Woffinden." Who gives a f*** about silver, you're first loser, let's celebrating losing, f*** that.

"I'm on the podium and everyone's got a smile on their face and I'm thinking 'why's everybody happy, we

Where did you dig that out from? I don't think that was a comment from this week ............Did I miss it? 

3 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Is Hans neilsen the worst manger ever  should have left bjerre in 

As he's a Legend I'm the sport 

Why not spell his name correctly 

Dikc 

2 minutes ago, Jacques said:

I don't need to. Have you heard of the term inference?

Where did you dig that out from? I don't think that was a comment from this week ............Did I miss it? 

it was a comment after the World Cup final  at Belle Vue ..quite clearly he's changed his opinion now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, orion said:

it was a comment after the World Cup final  at Belle Vue ..quite clearly he's changed his opinion now :rolleyes:

Is he not allowed to do that?? Could he not think this Silver was different to the last one.. ie a team moving in the right direction as opposed to one who had a great one off night?? Maybe hes matured a bit??  

9 minutes ago, orion said:

Which year?

50 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

In our round, Sweden and GB qualified straight for the final.   Australia came through what you could call the  race-off heats for best losers.   There wasn't a Friday race-off meeting as in the SWC.  Friday and Saturday were both the final.

Nobody said there was a Friday race-off. The name (official and published name) of the Belle Vue meeting was "Race-off 2".

What you call "race-off heats" were called "knockouts".

Steve

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

Woman I am, thick fu3K I'm not :) 

Well I think that Woffinden will now be mostly concerned about his next riding commitment. However, he will probably not despair for Rossiter not having managed a World title winning team as he eats his cornflakes tomorrow. This does not mean he will be pleased that GB finished second. Hopefully that's clear and simple.

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Well I think that Woffinden will now be mostly concerned about his next riding commitment. However, he will probably not despair for Rossiter not having managed a World title winning team as he eats his cornflakes tomorrow. This does not mean he will be pleased that GB finished second. Hopefully that's clear and simple.

I have no doubt that all will be well with the world.

Mock me all you want. I've reported you and your post is now on social media. Hopefully that's clear and simple.

• Like 1

Russia deserved to win, best team over the 4 days of racing.

Enjoy SON overall, would welcome its annual existance alongside the SWC. It does need tweaking. With GB a point up on Russia, Russia should have required a 4-2 to win.

Regardless of how many ponits behind, a 5-1 wins a team the semi or final.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I note you are a woman, and thus susceptible to the tendency to put interpretations when you just need to take literally

That is an absolutely shocking comment. There's no place for that.

Edited by OldRacer
  • Like 3

They all knew it went to the final race and no one can complain about the format just because GB didn't win.

BEST TEAM WON in my.opinion and that takes nothing away from the gallnt efforts of Team GB who gave it everything but as a team Russia were stronger. 

They gained SIX maximum heat wins and SIX bonus points where as GB gained just two maximums and two bonus points. Tai was unbelievable in the final with 35 from a possible 36 but 11 points only from 12 races backed him up.

Look at the rostrum and you have five of the top GP riders up there so to have Lambert at just 20 years of age to be.up there is a credit to British Speedway. With Dan Bewley coming through like a steam train and riders like Leon Flint Drew Kemp and Kyle Bickley coming through we can see Team GB being up there in the SWC in the.futire years and not.all on one riders shoulders. 

Tai and Rory are running these training schools and this will get them into test matches and more rides abroad and the set up now that Tau wanted is already showing up well and no kebabs and pizzas included. 

Well Done Russia you deserved it as a team but be warned Emil and Magic we are coming

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, T.N.T. said:

They all knew it went to the final race and no one can complain about the format just because GB didn't win.

BEST TEAM WON in my.opinion and that takes nothing away from the gallnt efforts of Team GB who gave it everything but as a team Russia were stronger. 

They gained SIX maximum heat wins and SIX bonus points where as GB gained just two maximums and two bonus points. Tai was unbelievable in the final with 35 from a possible 36 but 11 points only from 12 races backed him up.

Look at the rostrum and you have five of the top GP riders up there so to have Lambert at just 20 years of age to be.up there is a credit to British Speedway. With Dan Bewley coming through like a steam train and riders like Leon Flint Drew Kemp and Kyle Bickley coming through we can see Team GB being up there in the SWC in the.futire years and not.all on one riders shoulders. 

Tai and Rory are running these training schools and this will get them into test matches and more rides abroad and the set up now that Tau wanted is already showing up well and no kebabs and pizzas included. 

Well Done Russia you deserved it as a team but be warned Emil and Magic we are coming

You do realise that GB scored more points than Russia, right?

That's not a complaint. I just felt it was an indication of which team did better in the qualifying heats. Bonus points are only relevant if it is a tie. It wasn't a tie.

One thing that was interesting in the final, watching it again. At the exact moment Tai is coming round Laguta, Laguta looks behind to see where Emil is, and makes a half hearted effort to slow down a bit. But he hadn't looked before then.

Both teams went for the heat win in the final rather than go for second and third. Personally I was hoping for a more tactical race, which would have been fascinating to watch, but we were always up against it considering Russia's second day form. This, perhaps, is another flaw. GB were the form team on day one and Russia on day two.

The form team on day two has a better chance of wining, therefore, even if they don't win the heats over all.

In the end, it was a good competition. I enjoyed it. But they must have been disappointed with the crowd, which would have filled the stadium were it a World Cup final.

Tai and Robert both came out of it with a lot of credit. Tai looks like he could be a 3 time World Champion, and Robert Lamberts looks ready to step up to the big time. His race with Janowski proved it, and he was so close to passing Emil in the final.

I just wish we'd seen a more tactical last race. Whether that was down to the manager or the riders, I guess we'll never know.

• Like 2

As usual the debate gets side tracked due to emotion/hate/love/bias. 

Take out the names and insert rider 1 etc. 

You win the SON in the final heat by scoring 7-2, 6-3 or 5-4. From that you deduce if you finish last you lose. Objective, don’t finish last, all other considerations are irrelevant.  

If we have a rider at the back, are his chances of moving up the field improved if his partner attempts to help him, are they reduced or do they stay the same?

If we are in losing position what do we have to lose by attempting to improve the situation no matter how unlikely a positive result?

If 20 odd backroom GB staff couldn’t collectively work that out then we have work to do.