British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

I see from the Speedway GB website that the reserve can be used at any time. In which casse, this is definitely the best choice for now.

Had the reserve not been able to be used at will, it might be a bit of a tougher choice between Cook and Lambert.

38 minutes ago, Col said:

Bewley maybe a better option at NSS than Lambert & Cook!

Teams for event 1 have been announced, Russia to win it from the Danes with the Germans sneaking third.

At the NSS yes but not in Poland and you have to keep the same team 

• Like 1

I think this thread has wrong name...According to FIM (Armando Castagna) the event you're talking about is not world championship event. The winners will not be honoured as the world champions.

Can't really argue with that selection, Cook's results in the last week suggest he's finding form so they are the obvious 3 despite Bewley's potential.

2 hours ago, Col said:

Bewley maybe a better option at NSS than Lambert & Cook!

Teams for event 1 have been announced, Russia to win it from the Danes with the Germans sneaking third.

How many more times is this to be brought up.    You cannot change your team from Manchester to Wroclaw.

• Like 1

Anyone surprised with the Polish pair ?       No Bartosz.   Thought they would go with him and Dudek.

45 minutes ago, Mark said:

Anyone surprised with the Polish pair ?       No Bartosz.   Thought they would go with him and Dudek.

More surprised by the Danish pair. MJJ? Surely Nielsen's time is nearly up.

Denmark in a really difficult position at the moment, in a way very much how GB was a few years ago with riders that have been around a while, maybe on their way down, with no-one really coming through to take their place.

At least here there are riders now good enough to give the manager a choice to make, and the future is certainly looking a lot healthier

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NEITHER Nicki P nor NKI available ... so who would you go for? 

Leon Madsen! Why is Nicki unavailable anyway?

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NEITHER Nicki P nor NKI available ... so who would you go for? 

Why unavailable? Or do not you mean won't ride for Hans? You can add Leon Madsen to that list.

How about Kikdemand or Mikkelsen? MJJ is awful.

It's looking a bit like those pairs events from British Speedway of the seventies and early eighties.
Where they made up some pointless  'pairs' with a heat leader partnered with a reserve and then other pairs with two second strings.
As if that would make the pairs 'equal'.
And give great team racing to boot.

To think we used to have a World Cup to look forward to.

Edited by Grand Central

7 hours ago, Mark said:

How many more times is this to be brought up.    You cannot change your team from Manchester to Wroclaw.

And Speedway team managers have never found a way to bend the rules, ever....

On 5/19/2018 at 9:28 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

Question regarding Manchester: what is the easiest way to get from the airport to the stadium? I will be making my first visit to the NSS :)

Has anyone answered this?  I'm not local but there is a train station fairly close.  Belle Vue is the name of the train station.  I assume there is a train station at Manchester airport since it's the biggest in England outside London, but it is a fair way south of the city.  Google says it's 50-60 minutes by train going via the city centre train station.  Again I've never used the city centre train station and these can be confusing.

• Like 1