British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

11 hours ago, Noodles said:

Why unavailable? Or do not you mean won't ride for Hans? You can add Leon Madsen to that list.

How about Kikdemand or Mikkelsen? MJJ is awful.

LEON Madsen is the Enfant Terrible of Daniksh speedway. Seems to have many off-track issues. On results alone he would be a pick. Kildemand's form is certainly not as good as MJJ and he falls off too often.

4 hours ago, Col said:

Has anyone answered this?  I'm not local but there is a train station fairly close.  Belle Vue is the name of the train station.  I assume there is a train station at Manchester airport since it's the biggest in England outside London, but it is a fair way south of the city.  Google says it's 50-60 minutes by train going via the city centre train station.  Again I've never used the city centre train station and these can be confusing.

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Manchester-Airport-MAN/Belle-Vue-Stadium

It was answered on the previous page.

12 hours ago, Col said:

And Speedway team managers have never found a way to bend the rules, ever....

Maybe they have bent the rules before but GB can only change the 2018 team through injury.

14 hours ago, Col said:

Has anyone answered this?  I'm not local but there is a train station fairly close.  Belle Vue is the name of the train station.  I assume there is a train station at Manchester airport since it's the biggest in England outside London, but it is a fair way south of the city.  Google says it's 50-60 minutes by train going via the city centre train station.  Again I've never used the city centre train station and these can be confusing.

Belle Vue railway station only has a pretty irregular service so it's best to get one of the many buses from the city centre along Hyde Road. You can get a train from the airport to Piccadilly and get a bus from the road outside or get a Metrolink tram to Piccadilly Gardens and get a bus from there to the track. The buses are numbered 201, 203 and 204 and start from Piccadilly Gardens, passing by Piccadilly station en route to Hyde Road. Transport for Greater Manchester have a great website with plenty of maps and a journey planner. https://www.tfgm.com/

Must say how impressed I am with some of the announced teams like Italy and Slovakia etc.This new comp has improved their chances no end!!

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Must say how impressed I am with some of the announced teams like Italy and Slovakia etc.This new comp has improved their chances no end!!

BUT if it helps the growth or interest of speedway in those countries then it is no bad thing.

15 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BUT if it helps the growth or interest of speedway in those countries then it is no bad thing.

I agree Phil,but after all those GPS in Italy,if that didn’t help will this?Doubt very much,but we can hope

20 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

LEON Madsen is the Enfant Terrible of Daniksh speedway. Seems to have many off-track issues. On results alone he would be a pick. Kildemand's form is certainly not as good as MJJ and he falls off too often.

You haven't answered why Iversen & Pedersen are unavailable.

59 minutes ago, Noodles said:

You haven't answered why Iversen & Pedersen are unavailable.

Petersen said during the winter that he didn’t want to be considered and wanted to make way for the younger riders.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

But it wont

Might as well have a two day world final in Amsterdam and hope for a Dutch speedway revival.

This argument of stimulating interest in small nations is as false as it has always been. And I can't believe it is still being used.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

But it wont

Might as well have a two day world final in Amsterdam and hope for a Dutch speedway revival.

This argument of stimulating interest in small nations is as false as it has always been. And I can't believe it is still being used.

Indeed, GC. The only thing that might help is if those smaller countrie did well in the competition and generated publicity in their own country because they'd won or come close...but that ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, norbold said:

Indeed, GC. The only thing that might help is if those smaller countrie did well in the competition and generated publicity in their own country because they'd won or come close...but that ain't gonna happen.

Too right it wont.

And just two years ago that speedway backwater of Great Britain got a commendable second place in a REAL World Championship TEAM event on home soil at the new National Speedway Stadium. 

And we all know the incredible 'force for good' that had on the sport in this country or on the public's perception of it.

Similarly for running  GPs in Italy, Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Latvia, Australia and so on.

It is idiotic to offer this argument of helping the lesser nations when we know it has zero validity. Why are sane people being so daft?

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

Iversen is having a shoulder operation next week.

Since it looks like nowone have published the full squads yet to the competition here they are. 

Race off 1, Teterow, Germany

• USA: Greg Hancock, Luke Becker
  • Ukraine: Andrej Karpov, Aleksandr Loktajev
  • Russia: Artem Laguta, Emil Sajfutdinov, Gleb Chugunov
  • Slovenia: Matej Zagar, Matic Ivacic, Nick Skorja
  • Germnay: Kai Huckenbeck, Martin Smolinski, Mikael Härtel
  • Latvia: Andzejs Lebedevs, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Olegs Mihailovs
  • Denmark: Michael Jepsen Jensen, Kenneth Bjerre, Frederik Jakobsen

Race off 2, Manchester, GB

• Czech Republic: Vaclav Milik, Josef Franc, Jan Kvech
  • Finland: Timo Lahti, Tero Aarnio
  • GB: Tai Woffinden, Craig Cook, Robert Lambert
  • France: David Bellego, Dimitri Bergé, Gaetan Stella
  • Sweden: Fredrik Lindgren, Antonio Lindbäck, Joel Kling
  • Italy: Nicolas Covatti, Michele Paco Castagna
  • Australia: Jason Doyle, Max Fricke, Jaimon Lidsey

Final, Wroclav, Poland

• Poland: Maciej Janowski, Patryk Dudek, Maksym Drabik

Source: http://se.aktuellspeedway.eu/2018/05/23/trupperna-till-speedway-of-nations-offentliggjorda/

• Like 1