Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

The Rusko family were the organiser... of what ?  SWC ?

THE two meetings in Wroclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Your posts get worse and worse on this subject.

But lets's engage in your fantasy world for a moment and assume that Tai did initially try and quickly gave up.

Explain to me how it was in any way a good 'tactic' for Tai to chase the win. The win was irrelevant. By chasing it, Tai risked a greater chance of being excluded or falling which would have rendered any miraculous overtake of Sayfutdinov by Lambert irrelevant. 

Can you imagine the furore if Lambert had of got by Emil in the latter stages only for Tai to fall or be excluded in his chase of Laguta?

Woffinden was obviously making sure that GB got the silver medal and celebrated his success afterwards.B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE two meetings in Wroclaw

Did the Rusko family set the prices and make decisions about what kind of tickets were made available? Perhaps the fan's revolt was about a disregard for them? Presumably they made big loss? Or, were the riders paid from a share of the profits - which lowered their returns? We will never understand the "politics" of speedway in Poland. Murky waters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the talk from GB and how they want to make the GB riders full time with more meetings for he riders including individual meetings for them, thinking down the line if all this comes to fruition will we be seeing a situation where when you become a full time GB rider the british leagues have to pay a fee to the GB set up to use it’s riders ? Just thinking allowed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Did the Rusko family set the prices and make decisions about what kind of tickets were made available? Perhaps the fan's revolt was about a disregard for them? Presumably they made big loss? Or, were the riders paid from a share of the profits - which lowered their returns? We will never understand the "politics" of speedway in Poland. Murky waters.

YES to the first part. Riders were paid prize money, as ever, by the FIM. Polish media and others suggesting that the name of the competition didn't suggest it was a World Championship ... have sympathy for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Reading the talk from GB and how they want to make the GB riders full time with more meetings for he riders including individual meetings for them, thinking down the line if all this comes to fruition will we be seeing a situation where when you become a full time GB rider the british leagues have to pay a fee to the GB set up to use it’s riders ? Just thinking allowed 

BIT pie in the sky me thinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BIT pie in the sky me thinks

Yea maybe just pondering the wording used by rob painter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, Grachan said:

The GB team didn't finish first in the final. The first team to finish was Russia.

Agree with the warnings. Thought that was too harsh.

I always thought the winner of a race was the rider who finished first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I always thought the winner of a race was the rider who finished first.

Not when it is a team competition.That can’t be too hard to understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Not when it is a team competition.That can’t be too hard to understand?

Maybe they should just simply score the 'play off races' 4, 3, 2, 0 to make it crystal clear to the viewers and spectator's who wins?....

Edited by mikebv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I always thought the winner of a race was the rider who finished first.

Correct. So now take your line of thinking to 'pair' or 'team'. Therefore, by your own argument, the winner of the race is the 'pair' or 'team' that finishes first. That was Russia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Maybe they should just simply score the 'play off races' 4, 3, 2, 0 to make it crystal clear to the viewers and spectator's who wins?....

I'm waiting for words of wisdom along the lines of "If the scoring system had been 4,3,2,0 we'd have approached the final differently" :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I'm waiting for words of wisdom along the lines of "If the scoring system had been 4,3,2,0 we'd have approached the final differently" :)

Tell you what, they should just make it 3 for first, and no other points!  GB would have won that way, and the strategy in the final would have been justified!

Steve

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Maybe they should just simply score the 'play off races' 4, 3, 2, 0 to make it crystal clear to the viewers and spectator's who wins?....

And to Tai

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

I'm waiting for words of wisdom along the lines of "If the scoring system had been 4,3,2,0 we'd have approached the final differently" :)

I wonder ... You could have it spot on.

Spelling it out like that may have actually been all that it needed for them to realise the best tactics.

I bet it would have made them think it WAS different.

If only the riders had a group of people around them to help. 

 

 

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy