British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Just now, iris123 said:

I was dismissing 45 of those years as being irrelevant to this discussion lol

YOU haven't read much in the past 10 years either. By the way, Bill Buckley and I remain on good terms and I still think he is a great bloke.

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU haven't read much in the past 10 years either. By the way, Bill Buckley and I remain on good terms and I still think he is a great bloke.

Well you give us the rubbish then and save the good stuff for elsewhere?

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE question was asked of Tai Woffinden... page 28 in SS this week. Not our fault if you don't like the answer.

I wasn’t actually referring to the speedway star but I guess you will have a good story at the end of the year 

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I wasn’t actually referring to the speedway star but I guess you will have a good story at the end of the year 

WILL we? What would that be?

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I APPRECIATE that you have read every word I have written in over 55 years. 

I've still got most copies of the Spar from circa 1984 in the loft, and also a good memory. Maybe one day I'll start a 'Shurely shome speedway mishtake' blog... :D

9 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I've still got most copies of the Spar from circa 1984 in the loft, and also a good memory. Maybe one day I'll start a 'Shurely shome speedway mishtake' blog... :D

I've still got all my Speedway Stars going back to 1960! But, I feel I have better things to do with my time than trawl through nearly 60 years worth just to catch Philip out!!!!

Maybe writing another speedway book on "Good Tactics in the Speedway of Nations tournament".

Edited by norbold
  • Like 2

Anyone still think Emil v Lambert is a total mismatch, and even with world class team riding there is no possibility Lambert could pass Emil?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Anyone still think Emil v Lambert is a total mismatch, and even with world class team riding there is no possibility Lambert could pass Emil?

NOT on that particular occasion ... Lambert had seemed down on speed all that particular day, scoring just four points. Emil was flying.

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT on that particular occasion ... Lambert had seemed down on speed all that particular day, scoring just four points. Emil was flying.

Lambert was quick enough to nearly run into Emil's back wheel...

1 minute ago, waiheke1 said:

Lambert was quick enough to nearly run into Emil's back wheel...

MORE to do with Emil slowing to ensure that Robert had no room to pass up the inside. At no stage was Emil not in charge of the situation. 

53 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MORE to do with Emil slowing to ensure that Robert had no room to pass up the inside. At no stage was Emil not in charge of the situation. 

All the more reason for a team mate to assist...anyway silver was a great effort, Woffy was fantastic, I think neither of us will change our views on whether the tactics were right or wrong...

Just when it was safe to forget what an absolute mess-up GB made of the tactics. You have reopened the can of worms.

No change in my opinion.

I imagine that Painter et al will have additional media puppets on board and Roscoe kitted out in a waistcoat next time to solve all the problems. 

Rather than just getting someone with a brain to understand the tactics required to pull off a win that was eminently possible.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Just when it was safe to forget what an absolute mess-up GB made of the tactics. You have reopened the can of worms.

No change in my opinion.

I imagine that Painter et al will have additional media puppets on board and Roscoe kitted out in a waistcoat next time to solve all the problems. 

Rather than just getting someone with a brain to understand the tactics required to pull off a win that was eminently possible.

No change in my opinion either.  Happy to leave it at that but Rosco in a waistcoat. Heaven forbid:party::party:

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 7:52 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Ok i know I said I'd stop but..If Emil was concerned enough about Lambert to slow down to block the inside. Is it not possible that if Woffy had slowed on the inside it would have forced Emil wide? Worst case Emil passes Woffy and Russia still win. Best case tgat inside run from Lambert thst had worried Emil sees him through?

They did have a 50/50 head to head record over the two days. And 14+4 vs 11+2 from 12 And 11regulation heats respectively arent miles apart.

It's a bit like the England football team - surpassing expectations, but will there be a better chsnce of a world title? (Actually in fairness, Woffy and Lambert could be in contention for the next 10 years in this format)

• Like 3