British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

19 minutes ago, Trees said:

Does his face not fit whereas flipping Smolinski’s face and mouth does ..... jabber jabber jabber

Seems it.He is the reigning National champ and is the only German qualified for the GP Challenge!!!He was upset earlier that in the past few years the National Champ chose what qualifier he rode in....then all of a sudden Smolinski gets the choice Kevin wanted.The team manager is an ex Longtrack rider,so knows Smolinski,Huckenbeck from that I would say.Kevin had problems years ago,always being sent on long trips while Smolinski got home ones.Now a meeting is down the road from him,he doesn’t even get picked.Face not fitting somehow

Erik Riss is not picked either. And it was Riss and Huckenbeck who finished fourth in last year's World Games Best Pairs Event in Wroclaw. 

The dilema for the TM is that You only have two SoN spots to fill now instead of four in the SWC. 

He could never leave out Smolinski, who is the most experienced of all the German riders and has been the top and only reliable point scorer in most of the Germans' SWC appearances. So it was a straight choice between Wölbert and Huckenbeck, and the Team Manager has decided against Wölbert. I can see nothing wrong with that desicion.

Does anyone have any info on parking at the NSS? Where is best and how much is it?

Berge injured now i think? 

What happened to Hancock retiring internationally and why havn’t USA named Wells with Becker as reserve? 

Denmark looks weak and can honestly see them either being 3rd or not making it at all as USA and Slovenia both have a better rider than them and Latvia have a fairly strong pairing with Ukraine able to take points as well. Germany should get through on home track with the Russian’s winning. Can’t see any upsets happening at Belle Vue just cannot call the top 3 order.

Does seem odd that Hancock didn't ride last year to give their younger riders a chance but now he is riding when there's less places. And even if Wells wasn't an option for whatever reason they could have used Ruml as the 3rd rider

4 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Does seem odd that Hancock didn't ride last year to give their younger riders a chance but now he is riding when there's less places. And even if Wells wasn't an option for whatever reason they could have used Ruml as the 3rd rider

Yeh,so much for making way for younge guys at Manchester when he couldn't be ars#d turning up.Monster must have told him he's in this year.Just like some others these days just taking the p#ss.

On 5/26/2018 at 8:55 AM, erinil1 said:

Since it looks like nowone have published the full squads yet to the competition here they are. 

Race off 1, Teterow, Germany

• USA: Greg Hancock, Luke Becker
  • Ukraine: Andrej Karpov, Aleksandr Loktajev
  • Russia: Artem Laguta, Emil Sajfutdinov, Gleb Chugunov
  • Slovenia: Matej Zagar, Matic Ivacic, Nick Skorja
  • Germnay: Kai Huckenbeck, Martin Smolinski, Mikael Härtel
  • Latvia: Andzejs Lebedevs, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Olegs Mihailovs
  • Denmark: Michael Jepsen Jensen, Kenneth Bjerre, Frederik Jakobsen

Race off 2, Manchester, GB

• Czech Republic: Vaclav Milik, Josef Franc, Jan Kvech
  • Finland: Timo Lahti, Tero Aarnio
  • GB: Tai Woffinden, Craig Cook, Robert Lambert
  • France: David Bellego, Dimitri Bergé, Gaetan Stella
  • Sweden: Fredrik Lindgren, Antonio Lindbäck, Joel Kling
  • Italy: Nicolas Covatti, Michele Paco Castagna
  • Australia: Jason Doyle, Max Fricke, Jaimon Lidsey

Final, Wroclav, Poland

• Poland: Maciej Janowski, Patryk Dudek, Maksym Drabik

Source: http://se.aktuellspeedway.eu/2018/05/23/trupperna-till-speedway-of-nations-offentliggjorda/

Apparently Becker is injured. Gino Manzares will replace him in Germany. 

Source: http://se.aktuellspeedway.eu/2018/05/27/par-vm-usa-tvingas-ersatta-skadad-becker/

15 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Does anyone have any info on parking at the NSS? Where is best and how much is it?

Have a look on Google Maps for the NSS. There is parking at Saint Peter's School, which is on Kirkmanshulme Lane just beyond the junction with Pink Bank Lane and another car park in Pink Bank Lane, which is close to the entrance to the South Stand. Both cost £3.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

New to this forum so sorry if this has been posted but where/when will I be able to get a chart for the World Cup pairs? Thanks 

1 hour ago, Coventrybs said:

New to this forum so sorry if this has been posted but where/when will I be able to get a chart for the World Cup pairs? Thanks 

Hopefully on the racecards thread in this same section- i was ahead of you by a few hours !!

I was talking to folk about speedway and everyone corectly guessed what Best Pairs meant and also the Speedway World Cup but no-one knew what Speedway Of Nations meant.  When I told them they said "why not just call it World Best Pairs ?".  Good question....

5 hours ago, martinmauger said:

I was talking to folk about speedway and everyone corectly guessed what Best Pairs meant and also the Speedway World Cup but no-one knew what Speedway Of Nations meant.  When I told them they said "why not just call it World Best Pairs ?".  Good question....

Because this is something new & exciting - something we've never seen before.

28 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Because this is something new & exciting - something we've never seen before.

And we all know that "new and exiting" means better. No doubt it will re-invigourate speedway across the world, especially in the UK, with a big increase in attendances. In their dreams! With the final in Poland we all know the result now.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made