British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

30 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Maybe but talking to a few the other night they said no they wouldn’t be going, I hope it’s a big crowd as it hurts to see small crowds at speedway . Have you any information of how ticket sales are going ?

SORRY no. I know you have misgivings about the SON, as do I, but have heard nothing but good reports about the racing at the NSS this year so, unlike Teterow, worth going.

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

He does that cos he's on his own and can't have a chat with a co-commentator.     I've heard him get confused plenty of times with riders and the Swedish rules.   Read through the threads on this forum as he is always asking questions.  

No commentator is perfect, happens in all sports..    I wish people would realise they are human. 

It`s not easy that`s for sure, however and i don`t know if Nigel Pearson uses a computer or fills in a paper scorechart but he only had one team`s score  wrong(ukraine) which i noticed around heat 16.

Edited by racers and royals

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SORRY no. I know you have misgivings about the SON, as do I, but have heard nothing but good reports about the racing at the NSS this year so, unlike Teterow, worth going.

I’m not going not because it’s BV or because it’s the SON and I’m not impressed by either it’s because it’s a Tuesday and more importantly it’s over £100 for me the Mrs and our son in the seats and that is too much 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

3 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I’m not going not because it’s BV or because it’s the SON and I’m not impressed by either it’s because it’s a Tuesday and more importantly it’s over £100 for me the Mrs and our son in the seats and that is too much 

ALSO think they have got the pricing wrong. 

• Haha 1

Why is the final over two nights?? Im hoping Tues is better than last night as frankly it was awful... never liked pairs meetings and last night didnt change anything 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

As previously stated If you can suggest a better option please let BT know. 

It’s a new system that even the knowledgable are struggling to explain or understand.

if you can quote me a post that understood the rules better than Saturday then feel free. 

Yes, they are supposed to know and they messed up the important latter stages. In your perfect world nobody would make mistakes I guess.

Top 2 scorers qualified, 3rd went to heat 23, 4th & 5th to heat 22. Now where’s a rocket for me to experiment on?

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Wonder what the FIM, Rzeszow and Hancock would have done if the USA had got through to Wroclaw yesterday- as he has a Bydgoszcz v Rzeszow fixture today

When a Team Manager or a Rider has signed on, he is deemed to have entered the meeting and is not permitted to take part in any other motorcycle meeting until the completion of the FIM SoN, unless eliminated from the competition.

Greg wouldn’t have raced at Bydgoszcz. Rzeszow knew this and were prepared if he couldn’t ride. Nicklas Porsing after his crash last week, opted not to ride today. But was there with his bikes and he or junior rider Rzasa would have ridden if Greg was unable to. Rzeszow won 29-61 so even without Greg or Nicklas it would have still been a big win to Stal.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU may be right. I wasn't making excuses for Teterow, just pointing out that providing the TV from there is fraught with problems.

Yes but yet again, BSI know this.

And they chose it, nonetheless.

Stop making excuses for people equipped with making better decisions. But either dont, or simply can't.

Edited by Grand Central

8 minutes ago, paulboy said:

Top 2 scorers qualified, 3rd went to heat 23, 4th & 5th to heat 22. Now where’s a rocket for me to experiment on?

Clear if you read the rules, which Nigel and kelvin were clear about. Glad that's sorted.

1 minute ago, DWP said:

Greg wouldn’t have raced at Bydgoszcz. Rzeszow knew this and were prepared if he couldn’t ride. Nicklas Porsing after his crash last week, opted not to ride today. But was there with his bikes and he or junior rider Rzasa would have ridden if Greg was unable to. Rzeszow won 29-61 so even without Greg or Nicklas it would have still been a big win to Stal.

I watched it live on the internet. Nicklas obviously didn`t break his leg in the crash last week - he must have been a lucky boy.

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Bit by bit ...we are getting there.

By October will you actually admit that they have got EVERYTHING wrong.

And that was obvious 6 months ago.

This is an utter balls up.

Edited by Grand Central

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Clear if you read the rules, which Nigel and kelvin were clear about. Glad that's sorted.

They sounded ever so clear about it last night until Zagar popped up in heat 22!

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Couldn't agree more Phil, choice of race night poor too, should have been the Saturday night. Not keen on the format either. All that said, the prospect of watching the GB, Aus, Sweden teams & in my opinion dark horse French pair do battle on our track in what should be ideal conditions was too good to resist. Certainly should be better than the first semi final anyway!