British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Never thought I would say this,, but...

...I felt really sorry for the French there!  :rolleyes:

I see the logic as far as a "pair", but that is rough when something like that happens.

Steve

Fair play to the format, apart from a bit of bad luck then France would be in a run off for a final place with the Aussies.  I still think this format's got potential (bit of tweaking perhaps). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Come on Milik and Franc!

Bloody hell Steve i've liked two of your posts now,must be a record:D.

Even a bit of French bad luck for the Aussies will do me.We will hear the Aussies whinge then.

1 minute ago, TheReturn said:

Fair play to the format, apart from a bit of bad luck then France would be in a run off for a final place with the Aussies.  I still think this format's got potential (bit of tweaking perhaps). 

Thing is, leaving out things like the knockout heats and Under-21 riders, pairs meetings used to be a big part of speedway alongside 4TT's and Test Matches.

Steve

Sorry, but again, that is pathetic from Milik.

Ridiculous of Tatum to say he fully deserved the round of applause. At least try and slow the Aussies up a bit.

Edited by BWitcher

Would have been funny to see Australia bale out but having them in the final makes that event better, maybe Holder or Morris will get the nod for that one.

Milik made a bad call there. Franc was always going to struggle but there was a chance if Milik had stayed with him.

Typical Aussie showboating like they haven't just scraped through! 

1 minute ago, marko said:

Would have been funny to see Australia bale out but having them in the final makes that event better, maybe Holder or Morris will get the nod for that one.

Can’t bring in any changes. And if they could Kurtz would be picked well before Morris.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, marko said:

They cant change riders so they wont 

Just now, BWitcher said:

All i can think is Milik didn't fancy a 2 day final knowing they would finish in the bottom two.Because anyone with an ounce of knowledge would know Franc would have needed some kind of help during the race.

Sorry if already been covered but they just said the final is over Friday and Saturday?

What is the format for 2 days?

Just now, BWitcher said:

Can't argue with that, don't think he once even took a glance over his shoulder, probably wouldn't have been able to do much anyway but dropping it over Fricke (I think) as he passed him entering turn 3 might have helped keep things tighter, instead he just kept out wide and disappeared.

Well done to the Czechs for putting up a show and the lesser nations who made it entertaining but the Aussies make it. A pity but last chance saloon for Aussies who scrape through and on to Friday when hopefully the competition really begins. No different to the World Cup as far as qualifiers so let’s see if the next rounds match previous years WTC

Doyle not looking sharp this season so far.Cook getting nice week-end away relaxing.

Edited by Fromafar