Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Draw made for Friday and Saturday

Friday                                                                  Saturday

A Australia                                                   A Australia

B Poland                                                       B Russia

C Germany                                                    C Poland

D  Denmark                                                   D  Sweden

E  GB                                                               E  Germany

F Sweden                                                       F  Denmark

G Russia                                                        G  GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

The object of the final and race off (under these rules) is to use any (legal) means possible to get one of your opponents into last place. That is it. Nothing else.

Or force them not to finish/start at all, a technique Millik had rather wasted by using it perfectly in heat one.

Anyone who has kept themselves free of warnings right to the final on Saturday would be well advised to use the 'green light bunny hop' Millik did last night in heat one to cause a tape touch from the opponent in the final and instantly win the tournament for his nation !

After 89 heats I really hope it isn’t all decided on a tapes infringement.

You can understand the authorities wanting riders to be still at the start, but as we all like to see 4 riders in a race what are the drawbacks of having the 15m handicap rule for tape touching? Yes you would probably still come last, but not always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

After 89 heats I really hope it isn’t all decided on a tapes infringement.

You can understand the authorities wanting riders to be still at the start, but as we all like to see 4 riders in a race what are the drawbacks of having the 15m handicap rule for tape touching? Yes you would probably still come last, but not always.

I hope so too.

But the FIM make they rules, daft as they may be,  and the competitors must obey them

Winnings the final is NOT the primary requirement, as the rules are.

Making one one your opponents score zero is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Looked like a shockingly low crowd for the biggest international event in GB outside of Cardiff.

Manchester isn't an easy place to get to on a Tuesday night, surely a national stadium would've been better off being built in the middle of the country? To make it more accessible for all. 

Anyway, the bigger issue is probably that ticket prices apparently started at around £20 despite the meeting being on BT which I guess most speedway fans have anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, semion said:

Is Rosco stuck with Cook for the final ?  Seems a waste to take Cook as a Number 2 only for Lambert to start.  Might as well take young Bewley as the U21 rider, then if something happens with Wuffy at least you have a rider to throw in.   Cook and his geaqr seems way of the pace at this level, so if a change can be made, why not make it ?

 

 

 

Edited by Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Perton Wolf said:

Manchester isn't an easy place to get to on a Tuesday night, surely a national stadium would've been better off being built in the middle of the country? To make it more accessible for all. 

Anyway, the bigger issue is probably that ticket prices apparently started at around £20 despite the meeting being on BT which I guess most speedway fans have anyway.

Now there is sadly no Brandon where do you suggest it be held that is closer to the middle of the country, neither Perry Barr nor Monmore are suitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, semion said:

Was Cook not Ill or injured last week ?  If so that's an  easy card  to pull

Are you Matt Ford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Looked like a shockingly low crowd for the biggest international event in GB outside of Cardiff.

It looked about half full. Not bad considering it was a Tuesday and far from cheap for tickets. Plus the lineup was uninspiring but a couple of the lesser lights did much better than expected in one or two races. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Col said:

Now there is sadly no Brandon where do you suggest it be held that is closer to the middle of the country, neither Perry Barr nor Monmore are suitable.

There isn't anywhere really, that's the point. Agree that neither of those venues are suitable for an event like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Perton Wolf said:

There isn't anywhere really, that's the point. Agree that neither of those venues are suitable for an event like this. 

What about Ipswich? It holds more than Belle Vue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

What about Ipswich? It holds more than Belle Vue

Could there anywhere less accessible in the country that has a Speedway track?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belle Vue is, by miles, the best venue now in the UK and all major events should be held there in the same way that all England football matches are held at Wembley.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Aww diddums.

Is that the best Woffy bashing you can come up with tonight?

Telling like it is no diddums involved just shows his attitude to the fans on back straight who might just have clapped his efforts, wonder if was his influence in craig not being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rob B said:

2 meetings with race offs etc to decide what was always obvious the 7 teams in final was going to be.

No it wasn't at all. Germany was not an obvious call, and Australia could have blown it too, so I don't think it was obvious at all.

But unless I missed it, did BT Sport explain the two meeting final?  From what I can tell it seems to be points over two nights , if so what is the point of that? 

To make it more interesting, would it not be better to have the Friday night with the 7 teams and then the teams with the two lowest scores don't proceed to Saturday. The scores are then carried over to Saturday with the remaining 5 teams racing each other once, the bottom team is then out to leave 4 teams, they go again to race each other once (I think that's 27 races in total). The top two then race a final.    If a team has a bad night on the Friday, 27 races might give them a chance to catch up on the Saturday. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, keepturningleft said:

Belle Vue is, by miles, the best venue now in the UK and all major events should be held there in the same way that all England football matches are held at Wembley.

 

Apart from tomorrow....;)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy