British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

4 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

To make it more interesting, would it not be better to have the Friday night with the 7 teams and then the teams with the two lowest scores don't proceed to Saturday. The scores are then carried over to Saturday with the remaining 5 teams racing each other once, the bottom team is then out to leave 4 teams, they go again to race each other once (I think that's 27 races in total). The top two then race a final.    If a team has a bad night on the Friday, 27 races might give them a chance to catch up on the Saturday. 

Of course the danger with this is the home nation could exit on the Friday... but I was never a fan of home nations being seeded to a final anyway. 

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Telling like it is no diddums involved just shows his attitude to the fans on back straight who might just have clapped his efforts, wonder if was his influence in craig not being used.

Telling it like it is is quite simple.

Woffinden rode superbly and team rode at every available opportunity, more so than every other rider on show in either semi-final.

Telling it like it is, Cook is out of form, fluffed his first ride and was on a warning and was quite right replaced by Lambert.

Telling it like it is, you're a very bitter individual with an anti-Woffinden agenda making himself look a numpty.

• Like 3

Just now, BWitcher said:

Woffinden rode superbly and team rode at every available opportunity, more so than every other rider on show in either semi-final.

Picking straws & I don't think Lindback really needed much help but Lindgren looked for him at least twice every bend when they were on a 5-1.

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Telling it like it is, Cook is out of form, fluffed his first ride and was on a warning and was quite right replaced by Lambert.

Agree on Woffy, he rode superb all night, and even after missing the gate he gave it a good go and was clearing chasing hard. 

Not sure on Cook, we only had one race. He's looked off the pace sometimes in the SGP, but didn't he win a 2019 SGP qualifier, so he cant be too off the pace. 

15 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Telling it like it is, you're a very bitter individual with an anti-Woffinden agenda making himself look a numpty.

Aint  no   numpty  pal just telling like it is i suggest u watch the first race the  brits had woffy was head down arse up.and away , to drop craig after one 3rd place was uncalled for ,and i know because i was their were u ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keepturningleft said:

Looked like a shockingly low crowd for the biggest international event in GB outside of Cardiff.

Not shockingly low no. Seen a few moaning at attendance. I thought it was ok myself. 

The South stand was pretty much full. Must have been 1200 in there. And 3/400 in grandstand and 200 in west stand standing. Add the West stand to the grandstand then the grandstand would have looked 3/4 full. 

So about 2000 there on a Tuesday night at them high prices wasn't bad 

• Like 1

Just now, geoff100 said:

Aint  no   numpty  pal just telling like it is i suggest u watch the first race the  brits had woffy was head down arse up.and away , to drop craig after one 3rd place was uncalled for ,and i know because i was their were u ?

What difference does being there make? FFS....   I wasn't, but are you are suggesting the TV lied?

Where he could Woffy was looking, but when there was danger he was doing what he could to secure the points.  So 'Mr I was there' if you were there, were you in the pits and listening to the team talks? For all we know, the team talk may have been to Woffy, secure points first, team ride second. 

On 5/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, racers and royals said:

Rules are here http://www.fim-live.com/en/library/  in search put in speedway of nations

more from the rules

Race Off 1 & 2
After the 21 qualification heats there will be 2 additional heats.
Heat 22 will consist of the team in 4th & 5th place.
Heat 23 will consist of the team in 3rd place and the winner of heat
The winner of heat 23 will join the 1st and 2nd placed teams in qualifying
for the finals.
Final 1 & 2
The Scores from Final 1 will be added to the scores from Final 2
(42 Heats) to determine 4th to 7th place for the 2018 SoN.
Final 2 will consist of 2 extra heats, a Semi Final heat and a Grand Final
heat to determine the top 3 of the 2018 SoN.
Heat 22 (Semi Final heat) will consist of the 2nd & 3rd placed teams from
the 42 qualifying heats.

The winning team of the Semi Final heat will join the top scoring team in
heat 23 the Grand Final heat.
The winning team of the Grand Final heat will become 2018 SoN
champions.
The losing team of the Grand Final Heat will become 2018 SoN Runner
up.
The losing team of the Semi Final Heat will become 2018 SoN Third
Place.

About time this came to the top again 4th time ;)

48 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

No it wasn't at all. Germany was not an obvious call, and Australia could have blown it too, so I don't think it was obvious at all.

But unless I missed it, did BT Sport explain the two meeting final?  From what I can tell it seems to be points over two nights , if so what is the point of that? 

To make it more interesting, would it not be better to have the Friday night with the 7 teams and then the teams with the two lowest scores don't proceed to Saturday. The scores are then carried over to Saturday with the remaining 5 teams racing each other once, the bottom team is then out to leave 4 teams, they go again to race each other once (I think that's 27 races in total). The top two then race a final.    If a team has a bad night on the Friday, 27 races might give them a chance to catch up on the Saturday. 

It was obvious, the only sight question was between Germany and Latvia but as Germany were at home made them the favourites.

15 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Someone else who was there said they hadn't realised Cookie was on a warning, in which case it would have seemed harsh leaving him out of the rest of the meeting,  once up to scratch they agreed it was the best decision for the team.

I really wish Craig Cook could overcome his problems and start to enjoy a good run of success, it would do wonders for his confidence and GB would benefit too, that said I would push all the way for Lambert to be given opportunity on Friday, he showed more than enough last night to justify him getting rides.

For once Rossiter did exactly the right thing last night, if indeed it was his decision to make, from what he said he's a virtual passenger on the managerial side of things now. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

well GB qualified,Lambert rode very well so it matters not if it was uncalled for or not,Rosco got it 100% correct as the results proved

• Like 1

Rosco did the right thing last night, the best two riders were paired 5 times but didn't get his team selection right.  Everyone knew the majority of Cook's rides would go to Lambert.   So he should have picked Lambert with Bewley as reserve.  Leave Cook out the team. 

Dropping Cook after one heat is complete embarassment for the rider.  Rosco will probably do the same at Wroclaw as GB have got Sweden in there first heat.  He obviously wants Lambert to ride as first choice so why ruin Cook's confidence and morale more than it is.    I don't see the point of that and wouldn't blame Cook if his head went down in the pits.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

Rosco did the right thing last night, the best two riders were paired 5 times but didn't get his team selection right.  Everyone knew the majority of Cook's rides would go to Lambert.   So he should have picked Lambert with Bewley as reserve.  Leave Cook out the team. 

Dropping Cook after one heat is complete embarassment for the rider.  Rosco will probably do the same at Wroclaw as GB have got Sweden in there first heat.  He obviously wants Lambert to ride as first choice so why ruin Cook's confidence and morale more than it is.    I don't see the point of that and wouldn't blame Cook if his head went down in the pits.  

Not sure I agree. Cook would probably be a better option than Bewley in Poland at this stage. Even if he wants to use Lambert he now, effectively, has Cook as a replacement.

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Not sure I agree. Cook would probably be a better option than Bewley in Poland at this stage. Even if he wants to use Lambert he now, effectively, has Cook as a replacement.

Understand your point, if lambert gets a knock then Cook can ride.   But the chances of that are, fingers crossed, quite slim.     

Cook's confidence must be very low after last night's meeting. I think we all knew that Cook only had to have one bad ride for Rosco to put Lambert in. When Lambert opened up with two race wins, it put Rosco in a position where it would have been madness to change  For Cook it must have hard to watch, for as the night wore on he must of known barring any probs for the other two, he was not going to get a ride.

The stupid rule where you have to keep the same three riders other than illness or injury for the final. Could see the farce of Cook not even getting a ride over the two day final (barring Injury's or mishaps to the other two)

IMO i think it would have better for Cook to stand down (illness or injured) to save him the embarrassment of just standing around like a spare p•••k at a wedding and put the young boy Bewley in at reserve. Let's face it he will have as much chance of a ride as Cook would have in the final