British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

So why is woffinden one of the worst gators in the GP ?

I didn't know Woffinden was Crocodilian.  That explains his prowess on a bike :) :) :D 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yes totally agree and i would have the late great Dent Oliver on par with Adams.

Bloody hell mate we are going back a bit, but yes would put Oliver well ahead in his time 

Just now, sommelier said:

Bloody hell mate we are going back a bit, but yes would put Oliver well ahead in his time 

Oliver created a real local feel he was well ahead of his time at Vue with local riders given a chance.The 1972 team of Mauger ,Pusey,Sjosten,Wilko,Collins,Eyre,Broadbelt is still the greatest side i have ever seen.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Oliver created a real local feel he was well ahead of his time at Vue with local riders given a chance.The 1972 team of Mauger ,Pusey,Sjosten,Wilko,Collins,Eyre,Broadbelt is still the greatest side i have ever seen.

Lets not forget Morton on your list! :D

I've always thought that the fitter you are the more mentally alert you're likely to be, especially in a sporting sense. I'd agree that Woffinden isn't always a brilliant starter but at his best whilst he may not be first into the first bend, his sharpness of decision making means he's often firsy out of the second bend.

4 minutes ago, Chadster said:

I've always thought that the fitter you are the more mentally alert you're likely to be, especially in a sporting sense. I'd agree that Woffinden isn't always a brilliant starter but at his best whilst he may not be first into the first bend, his sharpness of decision making means he's often firsy out of the second bend.

I think if you win a title like Doyle did by making changes and to be honest he should be a double World Champion you know you cannot take any short cuts.If you put in the graft physically and fail i am sure it is easier to except rather than something in the back of your mind saying if only i had put in that extra yard.

7 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

And of course all the top althletes in the world recommend energy drinks ;)

Yes they do but very few of them drink the contents they display so prominently. Or even wash down their bikes with them. 

41 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Yes they do but very few of them drink the contents they display so prominently. Or even wash down their bikes with them. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Let's be honest who is better than Rossiter to take over nobody !!!! Rosco takes crap,Middleditch another one slated his managerial record  speaks for itself that is  set  stone is this job going to be a poison chalice.Rosco has made mistakes we all do but he calls it right on a high percentage of times for me we have Woffinden,Lambert,Cook,Bewley,S.Worrall( if he is the same) not a bad basis to move forward with Rossiter in charge.Look over the years some riders/ managers have not seen eye to eye but do it because they are representing there country have pride for me i don't see anybody replacing Rossiter not on merit anyway.

Never heard of Peter Adams.

Really interesting piece on BBC Radio Norfolk's Speedway Show this evening about the two fitness guys involved with GB and King's Lynn. Listening to it, it all makes perfect sense and you wonder why riders and teams didn't adopt these methods years ago.

Worth a listen ifs it's available on the iPlayer. 

2 hours ago, Eduds1 said:

Never heard of Peter Adams.

I have            and his time has  long gone as i have said before Adams/ Oliver are the best two team managers i have ever known.Boocock/Thomas also are worth a mention.

14 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

You will get better results if you employ a headshrink and a good tuner, that’s all that matters in speedway always has always will, your not on track long enough for the rest to make a big difference, if  this althlete thing works for an individual rider then great but it’s not for everyone and any motorsport competitor will tell you, you can have the best equipment and have the best team around you and be the fittest athlete in the world but if your head is not 100% you won’t win anything and that applies even more in speedway cause all that belief has to be packed into 100 yards to the first corner and no amount of physical training will get you to that. The two heads are everything in speedway, the one on the shoulders and the one on the barrel, get those right  you will go along way 

Healthy body... Healthy mind?