British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Very poor crowd here. Where is everyone.  A terrific stadium tho. Very impressed

A kick in the teeth for an extreme sport, second place is good enough to win.

Looks like Poland never fell for B#ll S#It Included's propaganda campaign 

Lots of critics, but I like the idea of this event. As others have said, we have seen some of the lesser nations get in and mix it with the big boys.  So let's stop being critical and enjoy some fantastic racing tonight... (I am saying in hope).

4 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Who said anything about the SON being a 'British event'? What a bizarre comment.

And there are people from other countries on here who expressed that it's an ill-conceived event, not to mention pointed out the flaws in the competition rules. I agree that some on here can be quite reactionary and unwilling to try new formats, but as you yourself now acknowledge, even the title of the competition is total unmarketable nonsense.

And to claim that one of the better competitions in world speedway had to be torn-up because the Poles had won it a couple of times in recent years (ignoring the total domination of the Danes in the 1980s), is an absurd justification, just as it was to claim this was 'something new, never seen before'. Almost as absurd as claiming that Teterow is the only available circuit to host a Semi-Final - if tracks can't be found to host something like this, that suggests there's something wrong with the demands being made of them.

Why on earth do you shill for these things, only to do a complete about turn later on? 

WHY don't you try and get your facts right?

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Confused 1

A two day event will only work in speedway mad Poland,he said.......:D

• Like 2

Where the F### is the crowd?!!..... Big success this event, eh?!!!.... 

13 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Lots of critics, but I like the idea of this event. As others have said, we have seen some of the lesser nations get in and mix it with the big boys.  So let's stop being critical and enjoy some fantastic racing tonight... (I am saying in hope).

You should know that racing isn't important; it's all about spouting opinions and whining... :rofl:

Steve

Wow that is shocking. It was proving into being one of the best race of the tournament so far (IMO). Fingers crossed all are ok.

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

A two day event will only work in speedway mad Poland,he said.......:D

MAY well have settled that argument today. 

4 minutes ago, Stanislawski said:

Any working link please? Thank you.

The speedwaygp website.  You have to sign up, but it is free...

Steve

Was a very good race.Huckebeck looking good then a wipe out.And will they both be fit enough to get through this meeting,let alone two days?I hope so

But this for me was the clash for last place or better

3 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Wow that is shocking. It was proving into being one of the best race of the tournament so far (IMO). Fingers crossed all are ok.

Goes back to what we were saying after Tuesday, and settling the track by getting some laps in before the meeting starts.  Of course, Smolinski was grass-tracking...

Steve

13 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Where the F### is the crowd?!!..... Big success this event, eh?!!!.... 

Ready to watch Poland and Chile, apparently...

Steve

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

The speedwaygp website.  You have to sign up, but it is free...

Steve

Thank you! :)