British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Is Smolinski going to be a thorn in our side in our final heat?

Nigel and Kelvin need to take into account that we could win this meeting and tomorrow by a ton, but it still comes down to a sudden death heat, probably needs that to be honest because otherwise the second final could be almost dead rubber.

Am I right in thinking this will be decided in a one off final race tomorrow night. GB could be a cricket score in front and still not guaranteed the win

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

POLISH fans might not turn up tomorrow:neutral:

It doesn’t matter how big a lead a team gets, it all comes down to the final heat. No worries for Poland to be honest. Still theirs to lose.

Just now, New Science said:

Am I right in thinking this will be decided in a one off final race tomorrow night. GB could be a cricket score in front and still not guaranteed the win

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It doesn’t matter how big a lead a team gets, it all comes down to the final heat. No worries for Poland to be honest. Still theirs to lose.

ASSUMING they get to the final

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think it`s a good time to remind everyone that it`s race 44 that`s decides it- however top scorers after 42 heats are guaranteed the silver at least ;)

A shame it comes down to a final.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame it comes down to a final.

Agreed but based on tonight when we've beaten everyone except the Germans, yet, I wouldn't have any fears for us in a final run off.  Then again tomorrow is another day...

Race of the night, Poland will have to turn it on tomorrow.

Too much pressure on the Poles.