British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

electric speedway bike . WHEN?

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Actually a very interesting point. With the addition of so many wind farms popping up everywhere what about the possibility of dual usage of the land? Given the gaps between these monsters surely a speedway track could be squeezed into one of these wind farms? (Obviously not the ones at sea). If teamed with electric bikes and electric bus/train/tram/monorail from the car park to the stadium it could be a giant leap into the future?

Yes, definitely not the ones at sea,,, cos water and electric don't marry well together,,,

Could maybe have fishing clubs there :t:

This would be a perfect opportunity for a forward thinking promoter to partner with a bike manufacturer, come up with a design which has crossover appeal (therefore looks more like a dirt bike than a speedway bike) and promote a race series using standardised machinery.

with the current bspa mc anything is possible.

no doubt no testing will be done and they will go ahead and buy several bikes from the bspa funds .

#soundsfamiliar

• Like 1

so it looks like the best option here is wind power. its clean , free and theres plenty of it going by these comments . THREAD DEAD NOW . i tried !

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

so it looks like the best option here is wind power. its clean , free and theres plenty of it going by these comments . THREAD DEAD NOW . i tried !

Do you mean, putting sails on the bikes ??? ;)

Egon was hailing it as the future.I remember being at an indoor speedway meeting in Denmark and he was interviewed saying he wanted Smoli to ride it in the meeting,but it was too powerful!!! Then the internet site announced the coming of the,i think,european electric speedway league and it died a death even quicker than the FIM Champions League thingmy.....

The site now appears to be dead and there is one for 'electricspeedway' with nothing on it now about speedway at all.Egon seems more interested in plugging his new cd and audio story of his life....

http://www.bahnsporttechnik.de/body_electricbike.html

http://www.electric-speedway.com/electric-motorbikes/

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Do you mean, putting sails on the bikes ??? ;)

Halfords have been doing this for years but they just cant get the sales right.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Egon was hailing it as the future.I remember being at an indoor speedway meeting in Denmark and he was interviewed saying he wanted Smoli to ride it in the meeting,but it was too powerful!!! Then the internet site announced the coming of the,i think,european electric speedway league and it died a death even quicker than the FIM Champions League thingmy.....

The site now appears to be dead and there is one for 'electricspeedway' with nothing on it now about speedway at all.Egon seems more interested in plugging his new cd and audio story of his life....

http://www.bahnsporttechnik.de/body_electricbike.html

http://www.electric-speedway.com/electric-motorbikes/

so its out there . not too sure about the  seat and the rear brake !

Smoli v Robert Lambert

Smoli v Tobi Kroner

interesting .

dont ... like the cool box replacing the engine    ! but its speedway , but not as we know it .....

With the wind farm next to the Eddie Wright Raceway i can see Scunny becoming the centre of the universe of Electric Speedway.

I can't wait for the start of every race as the bikes line-up at the tapes and all you can hear is the sound of a hundred pairs of teeth munching pies, chips and peas then next lap as the bikes pass by you they are drowned out by the sound of a flock of starlings.

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Halfords have been doing this for years but they just cant get the sales right.

Its different sails/sales,,, ye silly sausage, hmm

12 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I never thought you would catch on.

I'fe always thought that about you, but didn't like to say ;)