electric speedway bike . WHEN?

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Smoli v Robert Lambert

Smoli v Tobi Kroner

Can't argue with the facts and that was entertaining 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I'fe always thought that about you, but didn't like to say ;)

Well as long as it makes you happy your easily satisfied then.

9 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Jenga,,,

What happens if there is a power cut ???

exactly the same as in meetings as there run today

the meeting will be abandoned

no power means no start or red stop lights

no floodlights

and no automatic tape release

and no pa systems

23 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

exactly the same as in meetings as there run today

the meeting will be abandoned

no power means no start or red stop lights

no floodlights

and no automatic tape release

and no pa systems

A was thinking, in more relation to the bikes,,, but as you factor in other things, it will be more problematic.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Can't argue with the facts and that was entertaining 

Or staged......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

A was thinking, in more relation to the bikes,,, but as you factor in other things, it will be more problematic.

i understood what you ment but i was just pointing out a power cut will stop a traditonal meeting just as easy as a futuristic electric 1

ive spoke to a few trials riders and watch them perform with electric trials bikes and i can only say i was very impressed

obviously speedway is slightly different as the lack of noise would play a big part in things

most people wont undersatand the actual power and torque of a electric motor  they are that powerfull they need geared down or soft start otherwise they could shear a solid shaft on start up

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

They barely had enough power to get a proper slid on.  Please let me be dead before that ever happens.

Ye don't have to watch it... but I agree, it wouldn't be the same.

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

They barely had enough power to get a proper slid on.  Please let me be dead before that ever happens.

your wish is my command :mad:

21 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

If they ever proposed electric bikes and the sport was still going, it would only work in my view if the tracks had four grooves carved into them.  Those who went too fast would crash out but could if fit remount into their groove.  Call it speedextric.

Can see where your going with that,,, how about getting fans involved, letting them be in charge of the power and, make it so that it can be all put away in the box and travel round, might beat some planning laws there... It would be a bit like a Circus, which it isn't at the minute.

It may not be a "Circus" but certainly it isbeing ruled by the Clowns!

Edited by Icicle
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 11:00 AM, A ORLOV said:

If it turns out to be as boring as Formular E for racing cars the sport would die in less than one season, also the noise is part of the sport.

The main reason I watch Speedway is the visual spectacle, not the  background noise.  

As far as noise is concerned I'm sure the riders and their pit crews would welcome having to dispense with ear defenders when warming up the bikes.

If electric bikes can match or better the level entertainment of the current conventional Speedway, and given the removal of one of the main sources of objection by NIMBYs, namely excessive noise,  then it make sense to go down this route, unless of course if you still yearn for the reintroduction of dynosaurs:P 

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

The main reason I watch Speedway is the visual spectacle, not the  background noise.  

As far as noise is concerned I'm sure the riders and their pit crews would welcome having to dispense with ear defenders when warming up the bikes.

If electric bikes can match or better the level entertainment of the current conventional Speedway, and given the removal of one of the main sources of objection by NIMBYs, namely excessive noise,  then it make sense to go down this route, unless of course if you still yearn for the reintroduction of dynosaurs:P 

You might like it but hundreds will not, so you can go back to the doing something else when the sport is dead.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You might like it but hundreds will not, so you can go back to the doing something else when the sport is dead.

I agree.  Those two you tube clips were cringeworthy - no power in those machines at all and it looked like they had bald tyres as well to make then try to slide easier.  No thanks.

• Like 1