British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Next.

Think you had better move on before you make a bigger fool of yourself,

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Think you had better move on before you make a bigger fool of yourself,

Please don't say anything on keyboard you wouldn't say to someone's face.

I am not a liar. You've been had by Mike Ashley, alright, but please don't let it judge your fellow man like it has.

Let's be friends. 

This isn't looking good. No update from Flagrag in the week since the concerns over a lack of an announcement were raised or from Phil who was puzzled why it hadn't already happened. As Flagrag said, BT's recent announcement of the continuation of Moto GP would have been the ideal time to announce a continuation of Speedway coverage and reinforce BT as the home of two wheeled sport' but sadly nothing. Is there anything you gents can share with us?

If I were to watch a match that was live on TV, I'd record it and then watch it afterwards, I'd fast-forward the gaps between the races which are only there for filling time. I'd watch the races and not much else.

It is like most things now - record, watch later, cut out the ads etc.

So, isn't it just as good to give whichever TV company is interested a one-hour highlights' package? I am sure there are enough avenues to do this, all the companies that cover meetings at tracks for small profit every week and are good enough standard and picture quality to show on TV for, after all, mainly speedway fans? They often show these companies' footage during live meetings don't they?

Buy a speedway meeting on DVD and you get all the action within the hour, no boring experts telling us what they think will happen or what we've just seen happen during 10 minutes before the next heat, and then for another 10 minutes after the next one.

Live Tv has been done.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moxey63 said:

If I were to watch a match that was live on TV, I'd record it and then watch it afterwards, I'd fast-forward the gaps between the races which are only there for filling time. I'd watch the races and not much else.

It is like most things now - record, watch later, cut out the ads etc.

So, isn't it just as good to give whichever TV company is interested a one-hour highlights' package? I am sure there are enough avenues to do this, all the companies that cover meetings at tracks for small profit every week and are good enough standard and picture quality to show on TV for, after all, mainly speedway fans? They often show these companies' footage during live meetings don't they?

Buy a speedway meeting on DVD and you get all the action within the hour, no boring experts telling us what they think will happen or what we've just seen happen during 10 minutes before the next heat, and then for another 10 minutes after the next one.

Live Tv has been done.  

...couldn't agree more. Too much waffle, over analysis, repeated action that it becomes tedious!

The great Kenneth "They think it's all over..." Wolstensholme was quoted as saying same about football on TV.

...await the usual suspects!

• Like 1

The argument for live TV surely gets defeated. A prospective new fan surely won't be that interested to sit through all the pointless waffle and still be tuned for the next race. A highlights package, like the olden days of World Of Sport, shows one race after another. Kids of today don't want to be sat there listening to chitter-chatter. It's action they want. Never mind kids, an old-fogey like me would prefer race after race. I used to sit through all the padding SKY gave us during 15 races crammed into over three hours, but I wouldn't like to do it now. It is pointless. Indeed, transferring my old videos over to dvd, I cut out all the studio stuff. The importing thing is racing, a glance in the pits now and again, at the terraces (if you can find a fan). A live meeting is like watching the two years it takes to make a feature film... you can see it all in usually 90 minutes if you wait for the full edit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

TELEVISION companies want live sport

Whilst that is true the BBC still have excellent viewing figures for 'Match Of The Day'.

Speedway would benefit massively with a similar format on a free channel or online.

I would bet anyone that an highlights package would get far more viewers than any live meeting on free to air channel than a paying Sports network.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

.. but, it seems, not live speedway.

TV companies, according to Philip Rising, want live sport. So why the heavy-footedness from these companies to do a deal with speedway? Is it purely that BT, as they did last year, really don't want to get involved until live sport is thin on the ground? This year, though, they might be a bit hesitant because they may have the World Cup to fall back on. Speedway could be looked at as being a sport that is there, but only when there's nowt else to screen. 

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Perhaps speedway is dead and those who are left have just not noticed.

21 hours ago, moxey63 said:

TV companies, according to Philip Rising, want live sport. So why the heavy-footedness from these companies to do a deal with speedway? Is it purely that BT, as they did last year, really don't want to get involved until live sport is thin on the ground? This year, though, they might be a bit hesitant because they may have the World Cup to fall back on. Speedway could be looked at as being a sport that is there, but only when there's nowt else to screen. 

IT isn't BT that are holding up proceedings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT isn't BT that are holding up proceedings

I bow to your superior knowledge, Mr Rising.

Now... can you tell me why I couldn't get my Star in either Tesco or Asda this week in Manchester? Going to have to send for it now:cry:

Edited by moxey63

5 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I bow to your superior knowledge, Mr Rising.

Now... can you tell me why I couldn't get my Star in either Tesco or Asda this week in Manchester? Going to have to send for it now:cry:

No doubt the weather the same reason why many shops do not have milk or bread.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

No doubt the weather the same reason why many shops do not have milk or bread.

...picked up my milk today. I'd be lost without my banana milkshake and strawberry jam sandwiches!

• Haha 1