British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

I bow to your superior knowledge, Mr Rising.

Now... can you tell me why I couldn't get my Star in either Tesco or Asda this week in Manchester? Going to have to send for it now:cry:

SORRY about that. Don't have e a definitive answer but I would hazard a guess distribution problems because of the weather.

3 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SORRY about that. Don't have e a definitive answer but I would hazard a guess distribution problems because of the weather.

It's fine, Phil... not your fault. 

51 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Happens from time to time was same in Hull last week, mine arrived Friday other copies were delivered on Saturday....

You can't blame the star for non delivery this week it'll be chaos for delivery companies, I'm expecting something today if it doesn't come so what it'll get here sooner or later

• Like 2

Mine turned up on Thursday morning as usual  Which considering if you mention snow in a weather forecast in Oxford mass panic ensues I think is rather good service by the parties involved, espescially my postman who turns up day in day out no matter what the weather is like

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Mine turned up on Thursday morning as usual  Which considering if you mention snow in a weather forecast in Oxford mass panic ensues I think is rather good service by the parties involved, espescially my postman who turns up day in day out no matter what the weather is like

Mine to, overheard a guy talking in Carlisle that he could not find one anywhere.

5 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

No doubt the weather the same reason why many shops do not have milk or bread.

Same down here mate, the shelves are bare no milk no bread and little food. no excuse now the snow has cleared, the local shop are exprecting deliveries tomorrow.

15 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Same down here mate, the shelves are bare no milk no bread and little food. no excuse now the snow has cleared, the local shop are exprecting deliveries tomorrow.

Not much to do with deliveries and everything to do with panic buying if there are more than 3 snowflakes fall in an hour!!

1 hour ago, Vince said:

Not much to do with deliveries and everything to do with panic buying if there are more than 3 snowflakes fall in an hour!!

I hadn't seen those reports of the three millennials falling down and all within an hour. I hope there's an immediate and thorough Health and Safety investigation. Whoever is responsible must be publicly denounced.

• Like 2

The TV deal will have been delayed because of that atrocious weather over five days of last week. And very likely the BSPA are holding back the announcement to coincide with the start of the season to create / raise the excitement level.

10 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

The TV deal will have been delayed because of that atrocious weather over five days of last week. And very likely the BSPA are holding back the announcement to coincide with the start of the season to create / raise the excitement level.

Don't they realise that with the age demographic of the average speedway fan up and down the country, the the added tension and suspense could lead to a widespread epidemic of hypertension, cardiac arrests or other internal seizures ?

• Like 1

Can someone please summarise the situation as of this moment? I have just had notification that my BT sub is going up in March. No speedway and I would cancel.

THERE will be speedway on BT, domestic as well as SGP.  Why there delay in an announcement from BSPA HQ is anybody's guess...

• Like 2

Poor processional meetings in the 60,s and 70,s were the exception today they are the rule.