British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Conclusion:  It's (almost) always been crap therefore we don't need to improve it at all.

You couldn't make it up....................................................................

No, conclusion is, it isn't crap. But you want it to be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

No, conclusion is, it isn't crap. But you want it to be.

As usual you draw the completely wrong conclusion!  Actually I can see how bad it is and want it to be much better.  Why would I want it to be crap?

If it's so good why are crowds so low?

The first step to solving a problem is recognising you have one in the first place...

Edited by Stoke Potter

2 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

As usual you draw the completely wrong conclusion!  Actually I can see how bad it is and want it to be much better.  Why would I want it to be crap?

If it's so good why are crowds so low?

The first step to solving a problem is recognising you have one in the first place...

The reasons for the problem have been discussed at length in this thread and 99% of folk agree with most of it.

Except you.

33 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The reasons for the problem have been discussed at length in this thread and 99% of folk agree with most of it.

Except you.

No, you have stated what your opinions are and as ever try to bludgeon the rest into submission. Most give up because there are far better things to do than deal with you.

Who did die and make you god?

If "99% of folk agree" you must have spoken to a hell of of a lot of people. That is a breathakingly arrogant comment. Anyway, if the majority of people here genuinely think speedway's just the same as ever and hasn't declined it says a hell of a lot about those posting here. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

No, you have stated what your opinions are and as ever try to bludgeon the rest into submission. Most give up because there are far better things to do than deal with you.

Who did die and make you god?

If "99% of folk agree" you must have spoken to a hell of of a lot of people. That is a breathakingly arrogant comment. Anyway, if the majority of people here genuinely think speedway's just the same as ever and hasn't declined it says a hell of a lot about those posting here. 

The simple plain fact is, if you disagree with the basic premise that a race is more exciting when part of a large crowd than when not then there really is little point in having any further discussion.

This post of yours further amplifies that as despite much input from many posters you still don't seem to understand what the discussion was even about. 

Nobody has said the sport of speedway hasn't declined in the UK. That's a figment of your imagination. What has been said is the racing itself hasn't declined anywhere near as much, if at all.

I have presented my argument in a clear, concise fashion, with full reasoning and examples. Even posters whom normally are on the opposite side to me such as Steve Roberts, Moxey, Tsunami etc found no fault.

Only yourself and StokePotter who seem to have lived in this utopia where every race was fantastic in years gone by have piped up, but unlike myself have not provided one iota of evidence to back it up, nor any reasoning to question my argument.

So here's your chance, provide me with your reasoned opinion as to why you disagree that a race is more exciting when part of a big crowd as opposed to a small one.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Only yourself and StokePotter who seem to have lived in this utopia where every race was fantastic in years gone by have piped up, but unlike myself have not provided one iota of evidence to back it up, nor any reasoning to question my argument.

Like most of the rest of your post, this is completely untrue - I have never said, or even implied, this.

This is a multi-faceted argument, which is, I suspect, one of the reasons while you seem unable to "get it".

For the purposes of the discussion let's just accept for the moment your point that the racing, or lack of, is not the reason for the decline in crowds to it's present (all-time?) low.

Please tell us what the reason(s) for the persistent decline in crowds is, and secondly how you would correct that decline and get crowds back up to a sustainable level.

• Like 1

.......and the last I-don't-know-how-many posts have to do with a TV deal because.....?

1 hour ago, Stoke Potter said:

Like most of the rest of your post, this is completely untrue - I have never said, or even implied, this.

This is a multi-faceted argument, which is, I suspect, one of the reasons while you seem unable to "get it".

For the purposes of the discussion let's just accept for the moment your point that the racing, or lack of, is not the reason for the decline in crowds to it's present (all-time?) low.

Please tell us what the reason(s) for the persistent decline in crowds is, and secondly how you would correct that decline and get crowds back up to a sustainable level.

Perhaps if you read the thread you would see that I have already explained the reasons for the persistent decline at length, as have others who were in agreement. 

Edited by BWitcher

read on facebook today that clubs are getting no money from tv fixtures.

If this is the case and attendances are not improving on the back tv why are we even doing it?

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

read on facebook today that clubs are getting no money from tv fixtures.

If this is the case and attendances are not improving on the back tv why are we even doing it?

Who would be so foolish to throw away the opportunity of getting free advertising.

Sure, it would be better if clubs received some money, but dont throw away free advertising....one day it may just work, but if you dont do it then you have no chance.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Who would be so foolish to throw away the opportunity of getting fee advertising.

Sure, it would be better if clubs received some money, but dont throw away free advertising....one day it may just work, but if you dont do it then you have no chance.

fair point

Is it "fake news" - as so often it is via Facebook? Until we hear it from the horse's mouth ( or backside ) via an official communique from the BSPA ( IF we ever do ) we just don't know ( as is so often the case ). Will the horse tell us please? Or is the info commercially sensitive? Being on TV gives the sport the chance of a boost. Is being on TV  used well as a marketing opportunity by the BSPA?