British Speedway Forum
stewmac

Wizja.tv and nsport+

1 hour ago, PTH said:

as I have previously posted I used goldvod.tv streaming service during 2017 and had no issues whatsoever. excellent full definition picture on my television with no buffering. I have subscribed for this season and the live stream for nSport, Eleven sport and PolSat sport is excellent. I downloaded the gold.vod add on onto Kodi and having entered my user name and password after receiving the relevant codes the list of Polish TV channels become available. the picture I receive is as good as any Sky HD.

at about £5.83 a month to view live Polish Speedway is a reasonable deal.......at least 2 Extra League matches (nSport) on a Sunday afternoon with at least one First League match (Polsat sport or Eleven sport) as well. one of the channels will also show other meetings including Polish individual rounds for the various competitions. all the channels also do repeat programmes in the week following the live match so if you miss Sunday you can view later that week.  Eleven Sport also show live Swedish League on a Tuesday which is an added bonus.

it appears at the moment that the schedule for nSport on the opening weekend during April will be 4 live Extra League matches......one Friday evening, one Saturday and two on Sunday which will cover all the teams in that league. the other channels Eleven Sport and PolSat Sport intend to show at least two lower league matches that weekend but at times not to conflict with nSport.

stewmac it was a pleasure to be able to point you in the direction of goldvod.tv and as you say the stream/picture is excellent. 

Thanks again for all your information and advice.

Having got goldvod working great now on my iMac, I'm a newby to using Kodi and have zero experience of it, but you've now got me wanting to see if I can use it on my Panasonic smart TV in the living room which would be much better than on my computer in the bedroom!

Looked on Amazon- what do I need to buy exactly? An android box, or a firestick, or both? How do I get started using it once I buy what I need? 

Sorry for all the questions! But having watched all year last year on wizja.tv in the bedroom, I feel 2018 should be more relaxed in the living room!!

Thanks in advance!

I believe the easiest way for you would be to purchase an Android tv box with Kodi already loaded but if not you can download  Kodi from the app store. It is good idea to purchase a good quality tv box  which on e bay are between £50 and £60. On the Goldvod.TV website are the instructions how to download the "add on" as it is called which you do through the settings within Kodi.....the instructions were easy to follow but look a bit daunting. Once downloaded you will need to insert your user name and password and having already subscribed via the Goldvod.tv website all the Polish programs will become available for the duration of your subscription. 

A simple way would be to use a Chromecast device fitted to the HDMI on your TV and "cast" the image from your ipad onto the TV........the definition should still be the same. You can purchase a Chromecast device from PC World and if unsure they will tell you how to set up your ipad to cast the program that is playing i.e. nSport or Eleven Sport etc

as you are now aware with your short term subscription the streaming picture from Goldvod.TV is excellent and it is full HD on a television which makes watching the live meeting a joy to watch.  

Edited by PTH
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, PTH said:

I believe the easiest way for you would be to purchase an Android tv box with Kodi already loaded but if not you can download  Kodi from the app store. It is good idea to purchase a good quality tv box  which on e bay are between £50 and £60. On the Goldvod.TV website are the instructions how to download the "add on" as it is called which you do through the settings within Kodi.....the instructions were easy to follow but look a bit daunting. Once downloaded you will need to insert your user name and password and having already subscribed via the Goldvod.tv website all the Polish programs will become available for the duration of your subscription. 

A simple way would be to use a Chromecast device fitted to the HDMI on your TV and "cast" the image from your ipad onto the TV........the definition should still be the same. You can purchase a Chromecast device from PC World and if unsure they will tell you how to set up your ipad to cast the program that is playing i.e. nSport or Eleven Sport etc

as you are now aware with your short term subscription the streaming picture from Goldvod.TV is excellent and it is full HD on a television which makes watching the live meeting a joy to watch.  

Thanks again, you've been a great help! A friend says he will give me his Android box to test things out and no doubt after that I will buy one and ensure I'm set up in plenty of time for the Easter matches. 

Even though you're paying a subscription to watch using kodi, that isn't the same as having Polish satellite television installed, with proper viewing card etc. A stream is still illegal at the end of the day. I can't see Poland allowing strains to run for long this season. They need the revenue from Tv companies at the end of the day. I thought kodi was being hammered over here too.

And yes, I have a proper subscription, NC+ box and dish. 

33 minutes ago, Losthammer said:

Even though you're paying a subscription to watch using kodi, that isn't the same as having Polish satellite television installed, with proper viewing card etc. A stream is still illegal at the end of the day. I can't see Poland allowing strains to run for long this season. They need the revenue from Tv companies at the end of the day. I thought kodi was being hammered over here too.

And yes, I have a proper subscription, NC+ box and dish. 

Yeah, I'm still not fully decided on the direction I will go. An earlier post from PTH mentioned going the whole way and getting a dish/full system installed. In fact I did a bit of looking on the net and wrote to a shop selling the system asking their advice but they didn't even reply!

As I already have a dish pointing to the Hotbird satellite (my Russian wife watches free to air channels on a 15 year old box) I may still go this way and replace the ageing Pace digibox with a more up to date box and viewing card for the relevant channels. Can you advise me on the possible total cost of that Losthammer? (Viewing box, 1 year subscription)

And presumably a newer box will still pick up the free Russian channels I suppose?

Edited by stewmac

18 hours ago, stewmac said:

Yeah, I'm still not fully decided on the direction I will go. An earlier post from PTH mentioned going the whole way and getting a dish/full system installed. In fact I did a bit of looking on the net and wrote to a shop selling the system asking their advice but they didn't even reply!

As I already have a dish pointing to the Hotbird satellite (my Russian wife watches free to air channels on a 15 year old box) I may still go this way and replace the ageing Pace digibox with a more up to date box and viewing card for the relevant channels. Can you advise me on the possible total cost of that Losthammer? (Viewing box, 1 year subscription)

And presumably a newer box will still pick up the free Russian channels I suppose?

I've had an NC+ recorder box for the last four years so no idea what they cost at the moment, sorry. To get the complete rosta of Polish channels which includes Canal Sports cost me about £250 last year. It included Eleven sports giving me Swedish speedway and British League as well. As a proprietary box you wouldn't get Russian channels. The prices are going up this year, not sure what they'll be yet. The fact that I can record things is a bonus as I can watch some meetings on another day. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

So I've decided, perhaps through the fact that Losthammer made me feel a little guilty, to go the full hog and order a recordable digibox and subscription from tehwiz.co.uk in order to follow the legal way of viewing HD Extraliga speedway this season from Polska. 

The bonus for me is that around 10 Russian channels are available too, that will keep my wife happy as well.

Very helpful shop, they pointed me in the right direction with advice and so in a few days, I'll be wired up and ready to go. Looking forward to it immensely. Thanks for all the advice, views and help from various folk in this discussion.

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

So, extremely delighted to have my new Polski tv system up and running. Its an NC+ recordable decoder box with 500GB hard drive with 12 month subscription which includes nSport+, TVP sport and Polsat sport all in HD along with more than 50 other HD channels and in excess of 400 channels in total, including more than 20 Russian channels for my wife to watch. Total price £149. 

Bring on the zuzel season! And I might just add the Eleven channels too for another £29 next month, in time for the Swedish season.

If anyone else is interested in going this route, see www.tehwiz.co.uk 

8 minutes ago, stewmac said:

So, extremely delighted to have my new Polski tv system up and running. Its an NC+ recordable decoder box with 500GB hard drive with 12 month subscription which includes nSport+, TVP sport and Polsat sport all in HD along with more than 50 other HD channels and in excess of 400 channels in total, including more than 20 Russian channels for my wife to watch. Total price £149. 

Bring on the zuzel season! And I might just add the Eleven channels too for another £29 next month, in time for the Swedish season.

If anyone else is interested in going this route, see www.tehwiz.co.uk 

There is no agreement yet on the Swedish league being shown on TV in Sweden- C More could well be not interested any more. So until a contract is signed there is no chance of Poland and the UK getting a feed. I believe that all the matches are likely to be available on a pay internet stream- which hopefully at least will mean we in the Uk will be able to purchase. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

There is no agreement yet on the Swedish league being shown on TV in Sweden- C More could well be not interested any more. So until a contract is signed there is no chance of Poland and the UK getting a feed. I believe that all the matches are likely to be available on a pay internet stream- which hopefully at least will mean we in the Uk will be able to purchase. 

Ok thanks racers and royals, I'll hold off for now then!

13 hours ago, stewmac said:

Ok thanks racers and royals, I'll hold off for now then!

Eleven shows Nice League 1 meetings as well as Polsat. You also get British speedway, if a television contract is agreed that is. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Losthammer said:

Eleven shows Nice League 1 meetings as well as Polsat. You also get British speedway, if a television contract is agreed that is. 

Thanks Losthammer. I have the feeling that I will end up getting Eleven too. 

• Like 1

Looking at my wizja tv plugin on kodi, all the sports channels still show. I can’t test as when I click on nsport for example it asks for a username and password. Mine has expired and I won’t renew just yet as it would be dead money.

I have installed goldvod.tv on my kodi box but the options for buying a membership are basically diabolical. Bitcoin, and unheard of dodgy sounding sites where I wouldn’t risk anything. It says it takes ebay gift money but I don’t know how that works. Can someone who has done it put it down in simple steps with links?

Widja takes paypal. Couldn’t be simpler.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at my wizja tv plugin on kodi, all the sports channels still show. I can’t test as when I click on nsport for example it asks for a username and password. Mine has expired and I won’t renew just yet as it would be dead money.

I have installed goldvod.tv on my kodi box but the options for buying a membership are basically diabolical. Bitcoin, and unheard of dodgy sounding sites where I wouldn’t risk anything. It says it takes ebay gift money but I don’t know how that works. Can someone who has done it put it down in simple steps with links?

I bought a 14 day subscription to Goldvod via the eBay route. It was simple. Entered my debit card details, got a code, and 5 mins later was connected. Worked perfectly well. That's now expired though as you'll see above that I went down the route of buying a decoder from a Polish shop and now I've got genuinely HD viewing set up for the season. 

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

my subscription is still valid as i paid for a year

none of the channels were working when i tried at the weekend, not even eleven sports or polsat

• Like 1