British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rearingtogo

King Cinder

I don't know if everyone on this forum is aware, the BBC screened a six part serial about a speedway rider and his girlfriend against a criminal gang running an extortion racket run by a  nasty leader  and hells Angel in a South Coast fictional Seaside Town. Episodes were screened back in 1977. Listed in order as follows:- The Barons, Todd, Spiders Web, Speedway, HomeTruths and On the track.I have tried my utmost to obtain these episodes. The Speedway racing was incidentally filmed at the Rye House stadium.I am at the moment in contact with the bbc and have mentioned that there is large speedway community out there whom I'm sure would purchase the DVD if it was to be released.I have a reference number with them and am awaiting a further response. So if everyone could register support for this post in great numbers, it will help me push the case. As you all may be aware it's about sales and revenue.   Please support, many thanks to all that does in advance. Also please feel free to respond in any way you feel. All the best, from Rearing- to - Go.

• Like 2

It was also featured in a recent edition of the 'Backtrack' magazine with an interview with Peter Duncan.

• Like 1

I remember reading that the series had been wiped years ago, and only short clips survive. How accurate this Is, I don't know.

25 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Found this when looking for King Cinder !

Great footage!

YouTube clip from King Cinder:

Yep saw that, no full version that I could see, Remember watching it on tv before I was a Speedway fan,

Thought it all got wiped donkeys years ago.

Best hope is if someone ever recorded it on its original TV slot. Or if it was ever repeated on another channel.

Highly unlikely to find a copy but stranger things have happened 

There is a respected reference source for information on whether shows have been wiped. It's called TV Brain and it confirms that King Cinder still exists. 

https://www.tvbrain.info/

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I remember reading that the series had been wiped years ago, and only short clips survive. How accurate this Is, I don't know.

Hopefully I will hear a response very soon. When all will be clarified as to whether this is correct

2 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

There is a respected reference source for information on whether shows have been wiped. It's called TV Brain and it confirms that King Cinder still exists. 

https://www.tvbrain.info/

Thanks Rob,and thanks for supplying a link

I remember it well, bunking off from school early and zooming home (as fast as I could pedal)  to catch it, often getting into detention the next day but it was worth it.  Hope more of it becomes available....

57 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Found this when looking for King Cinder !

Not exactly what I was looking for, however very much appreciated. Very rare  seeing Peter craven falling off especially twice in the same heat

Edited by rearingtogo
Misspelt

2 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Thanks Rob,and thanks for supplying a link

You're very welcome. Incidentally, if you are into retro TV Kaleidoscope are an excellent organisation to take a look at. They stage screenings of rare TV four times a year in Birmingham as well as publish guides to TV programmes - Episode listings and archiving.

I do approve of your avatar! :-)

4 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

I remember it well, bunking off from school early and zooming home (as fast as I could pedal)  to catch it, often getting into detention the next day but it was worth it.  Hope more of it becomes available....

Nice one