British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

New Editor at the Star

Just seen on Twitter that Phillip Rising is no longer the Editor of the Star, With Andrew Scun taking over, If that’s the case a massive thanks to Phillip Rising for Editing such a excellent Publication over the years, he’s certainly been there and got lots of tee shirts, Hope he still keeps us up to date with what’s going on behind the scenes,On this forum,Must say really can’t understand why Mr Richard Clarke is not the new Editor as he’s been with the Star longer, (I think)

Edited by Argos

Isnt he taking over from Richard Clarke?

And Richard Clarke bevoming "associate editor"? Didnt think Phil had been editor for a while?

10 hours ago, Argos said:

Just seen on Twitter that Phillip Rising is no longer the Editor of the Star, With Andrew Scun taking over, If that’s the case a massive thanks to Phillip Rising for Editing such a excellent Publication over the years, he’s certainly been there and got lots of tee shirts, Hope he still keeps us up to date with what’s going on behind the scenes,On this forum,Must say really can’t understand why Mr Richard Clarke is not the new Editor as he’s been with the Star longer, (I think)

RICHARD Clark succeeded me as Editor of SS early in 1996! Andrew Skeels has been on the staff since 1983.

Since 1996 I have been both Managing Editor and Managing Director and the majority shareholder in Pinegen Limited, publishers of Speedway Star, so my responsibilities are much wider than the editorial content of the mag.

We are committed to further improving the mag and Andrew (or Scunny as he is affectionately known, hailing from Scunthorpe and being a massive fan of the town's soccer and speedway clubs) is the person to drive it forward at a very challenging time with speedway attendances, and hence our potential readership, dwindling.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 6

Good Luck

• Like 2

Just wondering why this is confined to the Premiership section of the Forum ?

• Like 1

Great to see he's finally got a proper job. It would explain the fear in his eyes on Sunday - I thought it was just seeing me again after twenty years...

• Haha 1