British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Which rider is to improve the most in 2018

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

How do you improve as a rider when you already been world champion ?

Ray, Chris has been through a lot since he was world champ. No, you cannot take  that away from him, but he now needs to recapture the sort of form that made him world champ, and if/ no, when he raises his average this season it will be deemed as an improvement. Chris needs to enjoy his racing again, there is no presure on him whatsoever from the club, he just needs to go out and do what he does best. a fit and focused Chris Holder would still top the championship standings and put a big hole and give these young upstarts a run for there money in the GP's. Form is temparary class is permanant..

Edited by Starman2006

I'm biased, I know, but for me it will be Dan Bewley.

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He won't improve his average this year maybe drop a little 

Hmmmm I can see Bellego finishing higher in the averages than three of Poole’s top five. Woryna, Grajkzonek and Sundstrom.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

For the millionth time people are fed up with the system, not the team(s) taking advantage of it.

Keeps falling on deaf ears

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Ray, Chris has been through a lot since he was world champ. No, you cannot take  that away from him, but he now needs to recapture the sort of form that made him world champ, and if/ no, when he raises his average this season it will be deemed as an improvement. Chris needs to enjoy his racing again, there is no presure on him whatsoever from the club, he just needs to go out and do what he does best. a fit and focused Chris Holder would still top the championship standings and put a big hole and give these young upstarts a run for there money in the GP's. Form is temparary class is permanant..

What Holder needs to and does do are 2 different things, the injuries he received at Coventry seemed to mentally affect his riding, then the dreadful accident to his best pal seemed to amplify this. Does C Holder have the ability.............YES......Does C Holder have the mental ability..................we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

The only way that We the fans can get any fairness from this topic, is to agree an average for Poole's 2 Poles, say both on a 6 or 7 point average and not the silly low average they have been allowed on. On that basis I would expect Dan Bewley,J Shanes M Fricke, Zach from Swindon, Jake Allen,Jack Holder and Cameron Heaps, there are others but only if their away form drastically improves ie R Tungate.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

For the millionth time people are fed up with the system, not the team(s) taking advantage of it.

Precisely. At least it is a level playing field for all teams. I am simply exacerbated that Swindon didn't utilise this, especially after winning the league with a ringer last year.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I hear what you are saying but at some point all riders go on the downgrade. He is 31 this year , doesnt mean he cant get back to his best but i think those days are gone.

He will average around 8 and do well to make top 10 in the gp's

World class rider....yes

As good as he was..........not in my opinion

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Chris needs to enjoy his racing again, there is no presure on him whatsoever from the club, he just needs to go out and do what he does best. a fit and focused Chris Holder would still top the championship standings and put a big hole and give these young upstarts a run for there money in the GP's. Form is temparary class is permanant..

I think the management will put plenty of pressure on the riders. They have been signed to perform and not just turn up and ride. 

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

Keeps falling on deaf ears

Pardon?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I hear what you are saying but at some point all riders go on the downgrade. He is 31 this year , doesnt mean he cant get back to his best but i think those days are gone.

He will average around 8 and do well to make top 10 in the gp's

World class rider....yes

As good as he was..........not in my opinion

I agree with you, but i still feel he's better than what he's been showing, i would say he could still average at least 8.50

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think the management will put plenty of pressure on the riders. They have been signed to perform and not just turn up and ride. 

I agree with you, team spirit is all important and yes you need a happy camp, but on the same token they are as you say here to do a job.. We all know Matt..

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

What Holder needs to and does do are 2 different things, the injuries he received at Coventry seemed to mentally affect his riding, then the dreadful accident to his best pal seemed to amplify this. Does C Holder have the ability.............YES......Does C Holder have the mental ability..................we will have to wait and see.

I agree, his injuries were bad, and mentally that takes it out of you tell me about it, then you had poor Darcy, that would have had an effect, then you have his personal life , and i wouldnt want that myself, yes it all takes its toll. To a certain extent it will all still be there, although we dont have any brick walls to worry about, its a shame about Darcy, but you have to try and put it to the back of your mind as much as you can. His personal life will be resolved...

Edited by Starman2006

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Hmmmm I can see Bellego finishing higher in the averages than three of Poole’s top five. Woryna, Grajkzonek and Sundstrom.

Really!