British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Which rider is to improve the most in 2018

Biggest average improvers by team. Also going to throw out some names who will take a hit on there averages.

BV - Biggest improver - Rohan Tungate. Craig Cook to take a hit on his average. Craig will struggle in the GP's imo and with no Championship club this year his confidence might drop especially if Rybnik drops him during the season then meeting's will also become an issue.

KL - Biggest improver - Nobody. Poor side imo.

Leicester - Biggest Improver - Danny King. Riding at No.3 will suit Danny. Experienced racer on all tracks expecting a good season from DK. 

Poole - Biggest improver - Kacper Woryna. Should put 2.5 to 3 points on his starting average. 

Rye House - Biggest improver - KK. Expecting KK to put 1.25 to 1.5 points on his average. He always has a good season after a bad one. 

Somerset - Biggest improver - Jack Holder. JD will help Jack develop next season Jack should put a point on his starting average imo. 

Swindon - Biggest improver - Adam Ellis. Should put half a point on his starting average. N. Morris & Bellego to take a hit on the averages if Bellego can end up with a 6.5 average then he has done well. 

Wolves - Biggest improver - Nobody. Really is a poor side and all of those riders will take a hit on there averages imo.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think the management will put plenty of pressure on the riders. They have been signed to perform and not just turn up and ride. 

Maybe that is where you have gone wrong then in the last few seasons, also i don't feel that is the way  Middlo likes to manage his riders.The reason why you have been pretty average in the last few years is because   you have not been good anough also your home track has not helped matters.

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Drodz, Allen & Davey who i think will surprise plenty this year

The only surprise for me is if Davey lasts past the first set of team averages!  Happy to be proved wrong but in all the years he has been here - he hasn't improved to hold down a PL place (or even a CL place)

Edited by Steve0

Allen will improve ,plenty of 5:1 with Doyle,great team rider to have in any club,only new to British shores and already has beat some of the best riders with a lot more track knowledge,one natural talent

On 3/4/2018 at 10:40 PM, Starboy118 said:

Chris Holder should manage to increase his carefully manufactured 2017 average!  :shock:

2017 average is on a par with his 2015 average wouldn't take it for granted he will improve on that.

For me the two riders who will increase their average the most are Kacper Woryna & Dan Bewley.  Belle Vue's 3 Aussies could improve.  Not sure on the other Pirates, James Shanes aside.

I expect Danny King will have a good year with Hans Andersen, Martin Vaculik & potentially Krystian Pieszczek all above him in the averages.  Should be more dialed into Beaumont Sports Complex track also.

Unless Robert Lambert makes great strides I'm failing to see anyone in the Stars team who will improve their average same with Wolves, Cameron Heeps aside.

After poor 2017's Krzysztof Kasprzak & Edward Kennett should improve their averages, also expect Stuart Robson to have a decent year at reserve.

Some improvers for Somerset & Swindon in the among the reserves & second strings.

Edited by Col

22 hours ago, hyderd said:

What Holder needs to and does do are 2 different things, the injuries he received at Coventry seemed to mentally affect his riding, then the dreadful accident to his best pal seemed to amplify this. Does C Holder have the ability.............YES......Does C Holder have the mental ability..................we will have to wait and see.

Only a fool would doubt Holder's ability, but what we saw last year was a side of him few could have imagined.   It really was an eye opener.   For that reason my thoughts of him as a rider  took a massive downward step.  Up to that point we would have forgiven him for his substandard displays, hoping he would come good in the end.   But after that sad day in July,  It was obvious he was someone who forgot about the fans and only rode for this own being,  to me he has lost all the respect that  I and many others had for him.  

Its a shame really, cos' he will never ever get that respect back....  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Only a fool would doubt Holder's ability, but what we saw last year was a side of him few could have imagined.   It really was an eye opener.   For that reason my thoughts of him as a rider  took a massive downward step.  Up to that point we would have forgiven him for his substandard displays, hoping he would come good in the end.   But after that sad day in July,  It was obvious he was someone who forgot about the fans and only rode for this own being,  to me he has lost all the respect that  I and many others had for him.  

I completely agree, obviously should be a steal on his current average but he lost a lot of respect that night and if Matt Ford had allowed it probably would now be at Somerset with his brother. He has been a fantastic rider for Poole and always liked him as a person but he will have to work hard to get the respect back, a rider of his quality should have, especially from non Poole fans. 

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I completely agree, obviously should be a steal on his current average but he lost a lot of respect that night and if Matt Ford had allowed it probably would now be at Somerset with his brother. He has been a fantastic rider for Poole and always liked him as a person but he will have to work hard to get the respect back, a rider of his quality should have, especially from non Poole fans. 

holder let british speedway down last year as well as kings lynn . but if this thread is based on averages then chris will improve if based on ability no he wont imo

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

holder let british speedway down last year as well as kings lynn . but if this thread is based on averages then chris will improve if based on ability no he wont imo

Well I think from the first post, this thread is about averages, Holder isn't the rider he was, we all know that if we are realistic but he performed so badly last year that he will improve his average but I have my doubts that it will be a massive improvement as some seem to think.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Obviously I was not there, but reading people's thoughts about the incident certainly painted a picture we Belle Vue fans have of him. That said it's now in the past and we can show our feeling when he rides our tracks. Will he ever get back to the good old days when he and Darcy were pretty much invincible, he's still young enough so maybe.;)

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Some Poole fans have short memories also as it appeared they were unhappy with his attitude and average in 2016 and were only too happy to have him shipped off to Kings Lynn. It would appear his attitude issues were carried across so if will be interesting to see if his issues with MF remain. 

No one can dispute his ability. His attitude however seems to be the issue the past couple of seasons and that would appear the key to his potential average improvement this season.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well I think from the first post, this thread is about averages, Holder isn't the rider he was, we all know that if we are realistic but he performed so badly last year that he will improve his average but I have my doubts that it will be a massive improvement as some seem to think.

Chris has had a hell of a lot on his plate. Think about it, if you were i'll what would you think about ? Yes yourself. Chris has had a lot to contend with off track as well as poor Darcy, so put yourself in his shoes. Its not like Chris to ignore the fans, he just has a lot on and it would affect his speedway. Hopefully he can put some of that behind him this year and be more of the rider we all know. Give the bloke a chance, he's not even turned a wheel yet...

20 minutes ago, Kitykat said:

You should start a chris holder fan club, 

Some should realise its not all beer and skittles ..;)