British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue's 90th Anniversary Celebration Saturday 24th March, 2018.

Scott Nicholls, Charles Wright & Josh Grajczonek complete the field.

Full line up - Craig Cook, Jason Doyle, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Matej Kus, Chris Harris, Dan Bewley, Dimitri Berge, Ricky Wells, Troy Batchelor, Frederik Jakobsen, Steve Worrall, Rohan Tungate, Matej Zagar, Charles Wright, Josh Grajczonek and Scott Nicholls.

Prediction time...

It's a decent line up. A few top boys to do battle and a few lessee riders to do battle with each other. Looking forward to it. 

Cookie for the win 

I think you will find that the world  champion wins it by half a length from the home town hero and the crowd go wild.

You know I'm right.

:t:

I know it’s an invitation event but why no Kenneth Bjerre, didn’t he win the trophy last year?

4 hours ago, SPD444 said:

I know it’s an invitation event but why no Kenneth Bjerre, didn’t he win the trophy last year?

Is Kenneth Bjerre one of the riders affected by he Polish Meetings?

As for predictions, final of Doyle, Zagar, Cook & Iversen.  Kus to be lowest scorer.

Will be very interesting to see if PC and Mort will be in attendance    

3 hours ago, Argos said:

Will be very interesting to see if PC and Mort will be in attendance    

I'm sure that both will have been invited. 

90th ANNIVERSARY - PETER CRAVEN MEMORIAL DRAW...

1.   Charles Wright
2.   Dimitri Berge
3.   Rohan Tungate
4.   Matej Kus

5.   Steve Worrall
6.   Troy Batchelor
7.   Ricky Wells
8.   Niels Kristian Iversen

9.   Chris Harris
10. Jason Doyle
11. Scott Nicholls                                                                                                                      
12. Josh Grajczonek

13.  Dan Bewley
14.  Frederick Jakobsen 
15.  Matej Žagar 
16.  Craig Cook

Should be a good meeting and difficult to pick out the winner.  World Champion Doyle,  track record holder, Iversen, former Ace, Žagar, British Champion Cook or Worrall or, Batchelor, who were both outstanding on Monday? 

I find it difficult to look beyond Doyle,  Žagar and Cook for the top 3 but wouldn't be surprised see Worrall on the podium. 

Edited by Aces51

Stronger field than last year.

Even so it will have to go a long way to beat the quality of racing that we saw last year.

1 minute ago, Gunner85 said:

Stronger field than last year.

Even so it will have to go a long way to beat the quality of racing that we saw last year.

Agreed.  The racing last year was superb.  If it's anywhere near as good this year we shall be in for a treat. 

Does the main racing event start at 7.30, as I am not interested in all the other preliminaries, I find ex rider parades and interviews a complete bore.

17 minutes ago, woodenspoon said:

Does the main racing event start at 7.30, as I am not interested in all the other preliminaries, I find ex rider parades and interviews a complete bore.

No.  It starts at 6pm.      Was going to start at 7pm, but they brought it forward an hour because of the large number of races. 30+

Edited by WalterPlinge

So far asI know the school parking will be open and there is also the car park in Pink Bank Lane on the south side of the stadium.  As you drive passed the north side of the stadium it is the first road on the left or you carry on passed that junction and the entrance to the school car park is immediately on your left. 

Good to hear a plug for the meeting on the local XS Manchester radio station this morning. Whether it will add to the attendance or not, will be difficult to quantify.