British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue's 90th Anniversary Celebration Saturday 24th March, 2018.

On 21/03/2018 at 4:17 PM, Aces51 said:

I'm sure that both will have been invited. 

THEY were but fear only one will attend

• Like 1

Chris Harris had had to withdraw and is now replaced by last year's winner Kenneth Bjerre. I would think a very welcome addition for many Aces fans after his outstanding performances for us last year. Could well win it or end up on the podium. 

• Like 1

Well happy that Kenneth is riding he did a great job for us last year looking forward to the meeting even more now.

Still gutted that he is not back with us again this year he is a massive loss to our team.

25 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Well happy that Kenneth is riding he did a great job for us last year looking forward to the meeting even more now.

Still gutted that he is not back with us again this year he is a massive loss to our team.

Why was he not included in the original line up? He obviously won it last year and has a fair bit of history with belle vue anyway, it seemed a bit odd he wasn’t originally included considering some of the names who’ve been announced. 

23 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Why was he not included in the original line up? He obviously won it last year and has a fair bit of history with belle vue anyway, it seemed a bit odd he wasn’t originally included considering some of the names who’ve been announced. 

I don't know but Mark Lemon has previously commented on how much he enjoyed working with Kenneth last year and saying that he was one of the most professional riders he has dealt with. Following the only one 8 and over rider, which Belle Vue were against, they were forced to make a choice and the was no way they could not choose Cook, so I don't think there is any animosity because of that. It also makes commercial sense to include Kenneth as he is very popular and likely to encourage more to attend. I can only guess that there may have been an availability problem which has now been resolved.

7 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I can only presume he had a commitment in Poland which has been cancelled.

2 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Another poor meeting for Bewley, so far, only managing to beat the visiting world champion.

Tut tut

Just proves it, doesn't it: Dan Bewley is absolute rubbish :)

If all he can do is beat the current world champion ........

And, for the avoidance of doubt, the above is IRONY.

My real opinion is that Dan Bewley is a rider who is very much worth getting out of bed to see because he is a racer in the great tradition of Belle Vue.

• Like 1

After a slow start this as been just as good as last year's. If not better. The standard of racing is out of this world. Every rider deserves a pat on the back for putting on a show and not treating it as testing. 

• Like 1

Lets hope Steve Worrall is not robbed of the win by the ridiculous semi/final system which should never be used in a one off meeting...

Great meeting. Dan and Stevie were both amazing, Worrall is flying so far this year. Doyle was consistant after a slow start and getting beaten by a reserve. Zagar getting excluded for gardening was kind of hilarious. NKI was dissapointing for me...I hope for Lynn's sake that it is just rust.

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

Lets hope Steve Worrall is not robbed of the win by the ridiculous semi/final system which should never be used in a one off meeting...

He was beaten in the final by Jason Doyle, who flew from the gate, if anything the final was the worst race of the night.

Ive seen Dimitri Berge twice at the NSS , and he's impressed both times, and according to tonights programme notes 

He was a rider the Aces were looking at this year.

Really enjoyed the meeting. Don’t often get the chance to get to the Aces so tonight was a treat. Started off a bit processional but I think the rain just before start time messed up the track but from about heat 7 the racing was superb, even if the winner was not in doubt the racing for the minor places was fantastic. Well done to all the riders, wonderful entertainment, all trying their hardest but being sporting, no tapes broken, NKI was only faller ,I think and Matej entertained us all by being excluded for gardening. Well done the promotion, riders, fans and staff for a great night,

• Like 1

Very good meeting, dragged on a bit towards the end but as usual there was some terrific racing.  Lots of good performances plus a few where man and machine are still trying to get their season properly up and running which in March is understandable.

From a Lynn point of view Neils didn't have the best night but this was his first meeting for many months and as well as rustiness he had bike issues to contend with. Good to see him finish with a win in a strong heat, have no worries about him at all going forward.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aces High said:

NKI was dissapointing for me...I hope for Lynn's sake that it is just rust.

Was disappointing night for Neils I'm sure, but he beat Doyle in his final ride.