British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue's 90th Anniversary Celebration Saturday 24th March, 2018.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Very good meeting, dragged on a bit towards the end but as usual there was some terrific racing.  Lots of good performances plus a few where man and machine are still trying to get their season properly up and running which in March is understandable.

From a Lynn point of view Neils didn't have the best night but this was his first meeting for many months and as well as rustiness he had bike issues to contend with. Good to see him finish with a win in a strong heat, have no worries about him at all going forward.

Bewley trying a different clutch this year too, getting use to. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think he has let down a couple of clubs in GB.He certainly did not look interested in his short spell at Berwick IMO .He has talent though.

Yeah , after seeing him in the u21 meeting at BV, i thought he would do well at Berwick 

How can anybody knock Bewley!!! He's only been riding a couple of seasons and people are moaning .Class act and will only get better.

• Like 5

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting last night. Despite the rain there were many brilliant races. Highlights for me were Bewley showing the talent he has, it's difficult to remember that this is only the start of his third season of racing a speedway bike, Doyle showing his class as the meeting progressed, Nicholls at last getting to grips with the NSS track, Worrall showing he is ready to move up another step this year, Bjerre getting on the podium, even though he was riding his brothers bike and Jakobsen putting in an impressive performance in his first UK meeting.

Non racing highlights were seeing Chris Morton back at the NSS and getting a deserved good reception, Brenda Craven presenting the trophy to Doyle and a good size crowd creating lots of atmosphere and clearly enjoying themselves.

All in all a worthy memorial meeting for the best ever English rider and a fitting 90th anniversary celebration for the only club in the world to have raced every single year since 1928.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

On 24/03/2018 at 8:59 AM, bloom89 said:

Why was he not included in the original line up? He obviously won it last year and has a fair bit of history with belle vue anyway, it seemed a bit odd he wasn’t originally included considering some of the names who’ve been announced. 

Kenneth said last night that he was originally due to ride in Poland but the meeting was cancelled allowing him to ride last night.

Peter Collins was invited but didn't attend. Lots of other former Aces were there and took part in the opening parade.

12 minutes ago, poppetman said:

Was Peter Collins there? No mention of him.Travesty if his alleged spat over admission kept him away.

He had an invite and refused. Others did come.that had been refusing beforehand which was good to see. 

Was great to see mort there to 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Yes a terrible night beat doyley got 10p and got to the final anybody wel see how tallented dan is tut tut as well

Yep seems the demise of said "boy wonder" was a tad premature after the first meeting of the season :)

57 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

How can anybody knock Bewley!!! He's only been riding a couple of seasons and people are moaning .Class act and will only get better.

Probably a bit of the green eyed monster mate, especially from certain fans of a club renown for not bringing through young british talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Kenneth said last night that he was originally due to ride in Poland but the meeting was cancelled allowing him to ride last night.

Peter Collins was invited but didn't attend. Lots of other former Aces were there and took part in the opening parade.

Ah right thanks 

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

He had an invite and refused. Others did come.that had been refusing beforehand which was good to see. 

Great to see that Chris Morton attended.   Given the loudest cheer on the pre-meeting parade, and had loads of fans approaching him in the PC suite and saying how pleased they were to see him back, by all accounts.

Sad that Peter Collins still refuses to pick his dummy up and end his petty vendetta.     Awful to think that he is in danger of being remembered as the bitter and twisted old man he has become, rather than the dashing charismatic, most naturally talented speedway rider that he was.  

• Like 8

4 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Great to see that Chris Morton attended.   Given the loudest cheer on the pre-meeting parade, and had loads of fans approaching him in the PC suite and saying how pleased they were to see him back, by all accounts.

Sad that Peter Collins still refuses to pick his dummy up and end his petty vendetta.     Awful to think that he is in danger of being remembered as the bitter and twisted old man he has become, rather than the dashing charismatic, most naturally talented speedway rider that he was.  

You could have just posted about how pleased you were that Mort turned up,  indeed it is great news.  No need whatsoever for the derogatory comments about PC, why not just leave the fella be.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

You could have just posted about how pleased you were that Mort turned up

Yes, I know I can post anything I want.   That's how a forum works.

Seems many people agree with my comments too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Yes, I know I can post anything I want.   That's how a forum works.

Seems many people agree with my comments too. 

Snide.

• Confused 1