British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue's 90th Anniversary Celebration Saturday 24th March, 2018.

5 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Great to see that Chris Morton attended.   Given the loudest cheer on the pre-meeting parade, and had loads of fans approaching him in the PC suite and saying how pleased they were to see him back, by all accounts.

Sad that Peter Collins still refuses to pick his dummy up and end his petty vendetta.     Awful to think that he is in danger of being remembered as the bitter and twisted old man he has become, rather than the dashing charismatic, most naturally talented speedway rider that he was.  

It may come across to you as bitter that's far from it, more like frustrated!! There are riders out there that never even got an invite, one being his brother Neil- an ex ace himself!! More like fair play to the man for standing up for his collegues that should all be treated fairly!! 

Do you expect belle vue to invite every single rider that has rode for us???? 

8 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

For the 90th anniversary meeting? Pretty much yeah, especially if they were popular riders in their day!!!

18 minutes ago, pro rider said:

For the 90th anniversary meeting? Pretty much yeah, especially if they were popular riders in their day!!!

Am the Collins were offered an olive branch but they have refused to accept it. Well PC anyway. Neil wouldn't go anyway without PC

Actually he probably would have gone if invited, he still has a bike and I'm sure a lot of fans that appreciate the history of the club would've loved to see him have a ride but sadly wasn't the case.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

They tried to.    They contacted as many as could be contacted.   Some just didn't reply.

53 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Neil wouldn't go anyway without PC

Correct.

43 minutes ago, pro rider said:

Actually he probably would have gone if invited

Was invited, didn't go.  

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

You should check out Swindon   there are some people who did a few second halves, years ago, get a free pass.

P.S. Don't ask me why.

Edited by JOS50

16 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Yes, I know I can post anything I want.   That's how a forum works.

Seems many people agree with my comments too. 

It depends on which parts of your post they are reacting to!

14 hours ago, CottonOn said:

They tried to.    They contacted as many as could be contacted.   Some just didn't reply.

Correct.

Was invited, didn't go.  

Well that's news to Neil that he was invited!!! 

1 hour ago, pro rider said:

Well that's news to Neil that he was invited!!! 

Neil wouldn't dare admit to being invited, and certainly couldn't admit wanting to go even if he did want to go..... Big brother is watching!

He is actually disappointed not to have had an invite, big brother doesn't stop anyone from attending it's their choice!! 

1. It was indeed a great shame that PC, for whatever reason, was not at the meeting on Saturday. He and the club should get together and settle their differences and end this silly disagreement, as every single BV and indeed speedway fan would have liked to see Peter involved with the sport that he has served so well during his illustrious career as Britain's most successful ever speedway rider. Speedway is the poorer without PC involved.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, pro rider said:

Actually he probably would have gone if invited, he still has a bike and I'm sure a lot of fans that appreciate the history of the club would've loved to see him have a ride but sadly wasn't the case.

DON'T think he would have gone against his brother's wishes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, one of clubs said:
  1. It was indeed a great shame that PC, for whatever reason, was not at the meeting on Saturday. He and the club should get together and settle their differences and end this silly disagreement, as every single BV and indeed speedway fan would have liked to see Peter involved with the sport that he has served so well during his illustrious career as Britain's most successful ever speedway rider. Speedway is the poorer without PC involved.

NO one would argue with that. I had another conversation with PC recently but I'm afraid he is intransigent and won't budge. The new regime have made several overtures to him but he repeals them all. 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO one would argue with that. I had another conversation with PC recently but I'm afraid he is intransigent and won't budge. The new regime have made several overtures to him but he repeals them all. 

That's very sad. Belle Vue fans would love to have the opportunity to, in some small way, thank him for the sheer enjoyment that he gave us for nearly 15 years.