British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue's 90th Anniversary Celebration Saturday 24th March, 2018.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1904587996281777&id=129552893785305

It's not a great race for most, but for us @TheAces fans this was bloody awesome. Our little dan beating the world champ

• Like 2

This was a brilliant pass by Worrall. Worralls on fire, everyone one is terrified 

• Like 1

Thats a Wow for the Dan Bewley race.  He seemed to be going at a pace...was Dan far off the track record??

and a Wow for the Steve Worrall race

Did Jason Doyle shake hands with Bewley??

46 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Thats a Wow for the Dan Bewley race.  He seemed to be going at a pace...was Dan far off the track record??

Can't remember. But if he did it would have been the pits because fan got all excited and celebrated at speed after the race so Doyle got no where near him to congratulate him. 

Doyle's a decent chap so i would say he did  

48 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Time was over 4 seconds slower then track record, which was set by Iversen at World Cup raceoff and on extremely grippy track, no one has come close to it since.

They didn't shake hands as Bewley rode on quite fast but Doyle did wave and let on.

Yep there was definitely acknowledgement from Doyle, as there also was with Wright after their race.

I was there when NKI set the track record, it was a grippy track but the racing that night was not that good. The following night, the final, I remember it being a cracking meeting.

I'm glad Doyly acknowledged what Dan had done - it was a great effort and I bet Dan is well chuffed with it.

You're right Ove, the racing on World Cup race-off night was poor, despite a load of sub 60 second races. World Cup Final night, from memory, race times were nearer the 60-61 second mark & the racing was a joy to watch. 

Just an observation from Saturday night (& the home Swindon match too) how Steve Worrall seems to have gone up a level. His gating is never in question, but he seems to be carrying more speed than last year, increased aggression in passing too. I also used to be concerned about him running out of steam in the latter part of races, not any more. Think Aces, Scunny & GB fans are really gonna enjoy watching him this season. 

• Like 1

Doyle and Dan had an exchange on track after the semi final so I suspect he congratulated him for the previous heat win then. Class act as always.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikec said:

You're right Ove, the racing on World Cup race-off night was poor, despite a load of sub 60 second races. World Cup Final night, from memory, race times were nearer the 60-61 second mark & the racing was a joy to watch. 

Just an observation from Saturday night (& the home Swindon match too) how Steve Worrall seems to have gone up a level. His gating is never in question, but he seems to be carrying more speed than last year, increased aggression in passing too. I also used to be concerned about him running out of steam in the latter part of races, not any more. Think Aces, Scunny & GB fans are really gonna enjoy watching him this season. 

Steve says he has lost weight personally and also reduced weight of the bikes too.

13 hours ago, mikec said:

Best time of the night in heat 1 :

Berge  61.12  

You can't help wondering if the issue around PC is more involved than we know.

PC has often cited Peter Craven as his original inspiration, so if he feels he can't attend a memorial meeting to the great man which is also combined with the 90th anniversary of the worlds most famous club where he himself enjoys legendary status on a par with Craven, then it looks as if the situation with PC is a lost cause.

A dreadfully sad situation.

On 25/03/2018 at 6:52 PM, WalterPlinge said:

Yes, I know I can post anything I want.   That's how a forum works.

Seems many people agree with my comments too. 

We don't know the  full facts the whole true story    so i will not comment but for me PC was a great rider was proud to ride for Belle Vue and England and was a decent chap to a proper racer a great ambassador for our sport.It did make me think after Ivan's passing that PC/Ole/Michanek/Lee were only the few with maybe T.Jansson, Crump who were really capable of beating Ivan regularly  after 1973 when he was in his his peak years a real compliment that to Ivan.It just shows  just how good he was because all those riders named were class.