British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MMX Events

Inside the Referee's Box - Weds 7th March, Poole

No, nothing to do with cricket!

Poole Riders Eqpt Fund host a unique evening on Wednesday night at the Stadium Champs Bar.

SCB Co-ordinator, Neil Vatcher will be bringing a simulated Referee's Seminar to Wimborne Road giving what organisers describe as the most comprehensive insight into the duties of a speedway referee before, during and after a meeting. Christina Turnbull will also be attending to share some experiences and talk about the job description.

The highlight of the evening may well be when the audience, as a whole, gets the chance to be the judge and vote on a selection of racing incidents on the big screen. After each race a slow motion replay will help everyone decide if their decision was correct. 

Presenter, Nigel Leahy, says it is sure to produce plenty of discussion and is one of the most dynamic and intriguing events that the R.E.F. Have staged. For anyone who would like to know just what the Referee's job entails, from the pitfalls to the pressure, it's a must see event. We are so grateful to Neil and Christina for giving up their time to take part and to Tony Steele for assisting in assembling some of the races.

Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30 show, priced at £5 with a reduction to £4 for R.E.F. members. 

• Like 2

Sounds an interesting experience!

Perhaps more of this type of thing should be considered to give an insight into the running of a speedway event.

Edited by steve roberts

It always helps having 'contacts' with the SCB!!!!:D:D;)

Wish I could attend this event sounds like it could be a very interesting night as meetings at various  tracks I've  been to there are usually vert differing opinions from the fans point of view to the decision made by the referee 

• Like 1

I'm going. 

Unfortunately I'll not be there.:(

Edited by Skidder1

Yeh, quite an entertaining night, there is an awful lot more to being a referee than meets the eye, but when you have somebody like Christina as a referee then nothing much fazes her..