British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Beat the bookie GP prize competition 2018

On 7/18/2018 at 10:46 AM, racers and royals said:

Why does everyone think Lambert is going to score more than 6. This isn`t the SEC or the world U21 championship :D There will be a lot of tears come 8pm on Saturday and if they are my tears, they will be tears of joy !!!  in cleaning up.

Thought i would re post this- was i right or was i right !!!!

Know this was a much tougher event but thought Robert was more likely to do what Cook did but he was very unlucky with two wrongful exclusions and a chain snap but even with those don't think now he would have got over six any way.

well done Cookie though and anyone that had him for more. I went all in on Lambert more

With no results posted yet it looks like R&R bookies is still out celebrating all his winnings on Robert Lambert. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

With no results posted yet it looks like R&R bookies is still out celebrating all his winnings on Robert Lambert. 

Hardly celebrating- still counting !!!!

Happy days !!!!!!  23 bet and started with £17965 and ended with £10910 - a good evenings work !!!!!

18 carry on to round 6 in Malilla in 2 weeks time

Leaderboard after round 5 Cardiff GP

Joe Beevers  £2000

TNT  £1300

Forsberg  £1105

Susans 1  £1050

Come on the skipper  £990

Icescot   £940

Phillipsr  £850

Hilly   £820

Grand central  £630

Mcyoung  £600

CJ 69   £550

Wiaheke 1  £490

A Orlov  £420

Incognito  £370

Rico   £300

Speedway sliders  £200

J-D  £120

Shrewsbury Wolf   £15

WE LOSE

iand  NO BET

Allthegearbutnaeidea  NO BET

Robbie B nil money

Panthers 89  - £100

Mickthemuppet  -£190

Psycho 3a  - £240

paddy the rebel  - £360

Anzum -£950

Malilla spread will be up nice and early

Edited by racers and royals

Sorry R&R and everyone that I didn't make my bet precisely correct. It was meant to be Lambert £200 more. It was a genuine mistake on my part that won't happen again. R&R can you please readjust my total money left to £400 as I do feel that this is the correct that I should have. And many thanks for letting me remain in the game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

Sorry R&R and everyone that I didn't make my bet precisely correct. It was meant to be Lambert £200 more. It was a genuine mistake on my part that won't happen again. R&R can you please readjust my total money left to £400 as I do feel that this is the correct that I should have. And many thanks for letting me remain in the game.

Thanks for the honest words Robbie, £200 more on lambert loses £1000 which does mean however you have nil money- are you happy with that ?

Sorry I thought it was Lambert scored 1 so 1 minus 4 equaled me losing £600.

But I would never ever want to win anything by cheating so if I have no money left then so be it as it's only fair on the rest of the players in the game.

It was entirely my mistake.

My philosophy in live as always been win with honesty and not at all otherwise it doesn't mean anything if you win.

Edited by Robbie B

1 minute ago, Robbie B said:

Sorry I thought it was Lambert scored 1 so 1 minus 4 equaled me losing £600.

But I would never ever want to win anything by cheating so if I have no money left then so be it as it's only fair on the rest of the players in the game.

It was entirely my mistake.

Robbie the spread was 4-6 so more than 6 less than 4- always been the same. thanks again for your honesty and hope you will try again in 2019.

As Arnie says "I will be back" next time with no mistakes by me.

Thanks for the game I do enjoy these games on the BSF :D

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1

If the spread was 4-6 and Lambert got one, then surely you lose three times your stake as its -3 not -5

if he had scored 9 then it would be +3 surely ?

3 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

If the spread was 4-6 and Lambert got one, then surely you lose three times your stake as its -3 not -5

if he had scored 9 then it would be +3 surely ?

Spread betting has not changed since someone 1st thought of it. The spread is 4-6 anyone betting LESS is betting less than 4. Anyone betting MORE is betting more than 6. the middle figure is what i would like him to score so that everyone loses and is my margain. i`m surprised anyone doesn`t understand it as the OP clearly says the same in the examples.

Thought 4-6 was the non profit area. Thought it would be -3 myself not -5 but I'll take it,

just not cheering Robert next time !!