British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Beat the bookie GP prize competition 2018

R and R bookmakers are delighted to announce that the competition is back for a 6th year, and thanks to the generosity of the last 4 winners I have been able to donate the winners prize to Speedway charities. last seasons winner Mickthemuppet asked for the prize to go to the " kim Jansson fund" sadly I have not been able to do this as twice(via PM) I have requested from Mick details on where to send the cheque to- this information has not been forthcoming. If I don`t hear shortly , I will send the money off to the BEN fund.

I and all the other major bookies have enjoyed a month with the sun on our backs  in Barbados and am now back raring to get stuck into my yearly battle with you "speedway punters"

RULES

Each contestant MUST place bets in all 10 rounds -in the event of having no money left they are out of the competition
Each player starts with £400. MAXIMUM BET PER GP IS £200.minimum bet per GP is £20(or total balance if less than £20) minimum bet per rider is £10.

All bets can be edited upto the advertised starting time of the meeting.
If a rider is injured before a round starts then the bet is voided on that rider, or bets can be amended upto the meeting start time.
If a rider starts a meeting but is injured and cannot continue THE BET STANDS but any points scored by the reserves count towards the injured riders score. If any rider is excluded for a starting offence the reserve points scored do not get added.
To ensure fair play bets for the final round may be required to be PM`d to me instead of normal posting.

If a meeting is called off at heat 16 then the spread will be adjusted to 4/5th`s of the original. If a meeting is called off at or after 20 heats the spreads stand.

HOW TO PLAY
One must bet on a rider to score MORE OR LESS than the spread-the HIGHER figure is taken for MORE bets and the LOWER for LESS bets-the mid between the two is what I expect them to score-and they add up to 138 which is the total points available in a GP

EXAMPLE

These might be 3 of the spreads for the 1st GP of the season

Woffinden  10 - 12

.Hancock   7 - 9

Cook  3 - 5

Player 1 might think Woffinden  will score more than 12 in Warsaw  so bets £100 MORE. If Woffinden  scored 15 he would win (15-12 =3) X £100 which is £300. If he only scored 8 he would LOSE (12-8=4) X £100 which is £400 and be out of the competition.

Player 2 might think Hancock will score less than 7 and bets £200 LESS Hancock  scored 5 so wins (7-5=2) X £200 which is £400. If he scored 11 he would LOSE (11-7=4) X £200 which is £800 and he would be out of the competition.

Player 3 might think Cook will have a stormer and bet £200 MORE than 5 . if he scored 8 he would win (8-5=3) X £200 which is £600. however if Cook scored the mid-spread of 4 he would LOSE (5-4=1) x £200 which is £200 .

As soon as the wildcard is announced and I have some 2018 form to go on I will post the spread for the opening GP in the Polish capital Warsaw on Saturday May 12th

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many years ago when I set up R & R Bookmakers, I spent as much time with the "masters" learning the ropes- people like  john Banks< Victor Chandler, Michael Tabor and Freddie Williams. When I told them I would make my fortune Speedway betting, to a man they said "good luck " I replied " it`s the punters that will require the luck- what I don`t know about Speedway isn`t worth knowing !!!"

I can`t wait any longer- I need to see the colour of your money.

I have studied the form and know the going(ie Poland) so I`m ready to relieve you of your money that I graciously gave you in the first place !!!

I have included NKI in the spread as I`m pretty sure Vaculik won`t be fit- bets can be amended or voided if NKI doesn`t ride.

Warsaw GP Saturday May 12th- start time 6pm UK time

Spread

Woffinden  10 - 12

Zmarzlik  10 - 12

Doyle  10 - 12

Dudek  10 - 12

lindgren 10 - 12

Pedersen 10 - 12

Sayfutdinov 10 - 12

Hancock 8 - 10

Janowski 8 - 10

Holder  7 - 9

Kasprzak 6 - 8

Zagar 6 - 8

Prem Pawlicki 5 - 7

Laguta 5 - 7

NKI  5 - 7

Cook 2 - 4

Let`s have a record entry this year !!!!!

On 18/04/2018 at 1:37 PM, racers and royals said:

Many years ago when I set up R & R Bookmakers, I spent as much time with the "masters" learning the ropes- people like  john Banks< Victor Chandler, Michael Tabor and Freddie Williams. When I told them I would make my fortune Speedway betting, to a man they said "good luck " I replied " it`s the punters that will require the luck- what I don`t know about Speedway isn`t worth knowing !!!"

I can`t wait any longer- I need to see the colour of your money.

I have studied the form and know the going(ie Poland) so I`m ready to relieve you of your money that I graciously gave you in the first place !!!

I have included NKI in the spread as I`m pretty sure Vaculik won`t be fit- bets can be amended or voided if NKI doesn`t ride.

Warsaw GP Saturday May 12th- start time 6pm UK time

Spread

Woffinden  10 - 12

Zmarzlik  10 - 12

Doyle  10 - 12

Dudek  10 - 12

lindgren 10 - 12

Pedersen 10 - 12

Sayfutdinov 10 - 12

Hancock 8 - 10

Janowski 8 - 10

Holder  7 - 9

Kasprzak 6 - 8

Zagar 6 - 8

Prem Pawlicki 5 - 7

Laguta 5 - 7

NKI  5 - 7

Cook 2 - 4

Let`s have a record entry this year !!!!!

Hi R&R sorry I missed last year thank you for arranging again this year Susans1

45 minutes ago, maverick88 said:

Put me in please. Ta 

Everyone is welcome- as long as they read the rules and place their bets before 6pm on Saturday May 12th. The more the merrier !!!!

Pedersen 100 more

Sayfutdinov 20 less

please :)

Edited by June01

Prem Pawlicki will score lower £20

Jason Doyle will score lower £20

Nicki Pedersen will score higher £20

Edited by Mark

Thanks again for doing this r&r like this comp alot :-) 

Lindgren 80 more

Have just edited pick if thats ok.

Edited by Paddy The Rebel

Zagar £200 more thank you

Edited by Susans1

Zagar £50 More

Kasprzak £50 Less

Dudek - 30 less

Pedersen - 30 less

Edited by Ozrik
Corrected omission from original bet and added NP bet.