British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rocket007

Fixture Change

I notice on the Rye website that there has already been a fixture change due to rider unavailability. They are now having a double-header(home & away) with Swindon on Easter Monday in the KO Cup.

Edited by rocket007

I have read, elsewhere, that Poland have crept I a couple of friendlies & they take priority for some of the riders that were going to be in the Peter Craven meeting so Poland getting their way again.

Just the same as the Premiership having fixed racing nights but taking priority over the Easter weekend, racing on Good Friday & Easter Monday. 

Have they taken priority over Good Friday? For example last I heard Lawson will be racing for Lakeside that day and not Somerset, as he should.

Lawson riding for Lakeside.

To be fair Somerset are racing on an off night so Lakeside should take priority 

• Like 1

Going to the West Country on Easter Monday so thought go a day earlier and take in the Swindon/Rye meeting as not been to the Abbey before. Travelodge booked on the cheapest no refund deal (I know, never trust a speedway fixture list) and now this has happened. The Rye website says that up to three of their riders could be missing, hence the rearrangement. Very angry about this. This is the thin end of the wedge and the season hasn't started yet. I reckon the Poles will encroach into UK protected days with rearrangements in future, you mark my words.

So any sensible suggestions for alternative entertainment in Swindon on Easter Sunday evening (sensible ones only!).

:lol: :lol:

Regardless of whether it's an off day/night is irrelevant. Bank Holiday fixtures are a special fixture in the Speedway calendar and all doubling up/down riders should prioritise Premiership fixtures over lower league.

Re the Rye v Swindon fixture and the Rye website saying it could mean up to 3 of their riders missing can anyone throw any light on which 3 riders they might mean as the only clash I can find is Scott Nicholls who also rides for Peterborough 

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

:lol: :lol:

Regardless of whether it's an off day/night is irrelevant. Bank Holiday fixtures are a special fixture in the Speedway calendar and all doubling up/down riders should prioritise Premiership fixtures over lower league.

Can't agree with you there, it's Lakeside raceday and not a Premiership one, simple as that really. 

Obviously the extra pennies on the gate are worth it to Somerset even though it will weaken them against the best team in the league.

• Like 2

I am so pleased that Rye House are happy about the change. A 3pm start time would have meant my wife would have joined me but a 12 noon start time will mean leaving home around 8.30am and she does not do early mornings!

When the fixture list was published I put them all in my diary and intended to attend all the meetings. This problem should have been seen before the fixtures were published and if this is an indication of how things are going to go I may decide not to bother.

Edited by Chris116
Spelling!

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Can't agree with you there, it's Lakeside raceday and not a Premiership one, simple as that really. 

Obviously the extra pennies on the gate are worth it to Somerset even though it will weaken them against the best team in the league.

Or simplest way don’t race a home meeting over the Easter weekend like Kings Lynn wouldn’t want a bumper Bank Holiday crowd would we ? no problems with double uppers or double downers missing meetings  at our club but then again stock cars take priority at Easter at KL not Poland . . 

Been discussed many times before, no stock cars would almost certainly mean no top flight speedway. As nice as an Easter League meeting would be it ain't gonna happen,  although I believe Ipswich declined home and away Good Friday challenge matches for this year?

On 3/8/2018 at 3:23 PM, IronScorpion said:

I have read, elsewhere, that Poland have crept I a couple of friendlies & they take priority for some of the riders that were going to be in the Peter Craven meeting so Poland getting their way again.

Mate, the Craven meeting is no more official than Polish friendlies.       Except the riders in the friendlies will be paid three or four times as much as at Belle Vue.

You choose.......

On 3/10/2018 at 4:24 PM, Uluru said:

Mate, the Craven meeting is no more official than Polish friendlies.       Except the riders in the friendlies will be paid three or four times as much as at Belle Vue.

You choose.......

Simple answer to this situation would be, if a rider sign a contract to ride in the PCMT before the Poles announced the friendly meeting, then said rider has to honour the first signed contract. However we all know that the Poles pay more so demand riders put them first. 

8 hours ago, hyderd said:

Simple answer to this situation would be, if a rider sign a contract to ride in the PCMT before the Poles announced the friendly meeting, then said rider has to honour the first signed contract. However we all know that the Poles pay more so demand riders put them first. 

And rightly so 

16 hours ago, phillipsr said:

And rightly so 

which part