British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rocket007

Fixture Change

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

which part

They demand riders ride for them... pay the money call the shots 

On 12/03/2018 at 9:38 AM, hyderd said:

Simple answer to this situation would be, if a rider sign a contract to ride in the PCMT before the Poles announced the friendly meeting, then said rider has to honour the first signed contract. However we all know that the Poles pay more so demand riders put them first. 

To be fair, friendly or not, I would be pretty peeved if a rider for my team was missing a friendly meeting to be riding in an individual event somewhere at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

To be fair, friendly or not, I would be pretty peeved if a rider for my team was missing a friendly meeting to be riding in an individual event somewhere at the start of the season.

If they have signed a contract to ride for the British team and they ride elsewhere without permission then the promotor can sue them for breach of contract.

19 hours ago, phillipsr said:

They demand riders ride for them... pay the money call the shots 

18 hours ago, Najjer said:

17 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

If they have signed a contract to ride for the British team and they ride elsewhere without permission then the promotor can sue them for breach of contract.

When a rider signs a contract for whoever the first contract he has a blank season, the second contract he can point out meeting he can't commit too ect,ect. If he signs a contract to ride in an individual meeting having checked his diary is blank on that day, then his club arrange a friendly on the same day surely he has the right to miss the friendly through contractual reasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hyderd said:

When a rider signs a contract for whoever the first contract he has a blank season, the second contract he can point out meeting he can't commit too ect,ect. If he signs a contract to ride in an individual meeting having checked his diary is blank on that day, then his club arrange a friendly on the same day surely he has the right to miss the friendly through contractual reasons.

It might be in his club contract, that club matches always take priority... and rightly so!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

It might be in his club contract, that club matches always take priority... and rightly so!

League matches yes, but early season ie before any league match has started, if said rider signed/agreed to take part in an individual before his club arranged a pre season friendly then not IMO. Surely that would put clubs off inviting top riders to pre season individuals for fear of their Polish club playing the Ace card 

You could argue that individuals arranged by a riders club are a variation on team friendlies anyway, they both have the same purpose. All you need is an international calander where meetings are logged and riders then sign contracts to ride in them.....if he goes back on that agreement to ride elsewhere he gets a ban, simple.