British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

Kim Nilsson owed a few bob

So who was/were his British team/s in 15, 16 and/Or 17 then??

Was he not at Lakeside in 2015 & 2016? Leicester 2017 but he says they're all up to date

Edited by Reliant Robin

Reads to me that he is owed money from each of those years in either England and/or  Sweden. As he is not owed anything by Leicester it suggests the sterling debt is from 15 and 16 and at least part of the Swedish sum was due last season, but not by Vargana.  He is therfore owed sterling from his time at Lakeside, whether it was from one or two seasons. Respect again to Damien Bates.. Disrepect to the others. 

Edited by Mr Ore

Lakeside have a lot to answer for

If I had signed to ride for Lakeside in 2018, having seen this, I would be reading my contract very closely and ‘having a chat’ with the promoter NOW.

• Like 1

Bearing in mind the dates he is quoting, he must be fed up of asking to be re-imbursed to make this public.

So not good enough by these clubs.

Speedway being speedway, I wouldn't trust promoters. They have the air of a used car salesman, rogue trader about them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moxey63 said:

Speedway being speedway, I wouldn't trust promoters. They have the air of a used car salesman, rogue trader about them.

Now now, you really have to apologise to the car salesmen and rip-off merchants....

There is "something of the night" about them ;-)

• Like 1

Perhaps we're now seeing the real reason why Lakeside went National League :-(

not small sums of money. More clear evidence of clubs paying far more than they can afford. A non league or league 2 footballer playing in front of speedway size crowds wouldn't get such sums. Nor would they commute from another country to play

Riders deserve every penny they get but if the money isn't there we should be going semi pro

Also should the club who owe the money be allowed to come to the tapes in 2018 in ANY division?

Are we too scared to lose a club that we turn a blind eye?

• Like 1

I remember Peter Nahlin being owed money during his short time with Belle Vue. Turned up for one match, refused to ride until cash was forthcoming, which it wasn't, then left the stadium and didn't ride for the club again.. keeping a nice set of team kevlars as booby prize. That was 2000 (the year, not cash owed), Belle Vue had gone something like eight weeks without a home match due to track problems and were cash shy. Could understand Nahlin's stance though, as riders take huge risks and do not deserve any sort of problems with their pay.

Edited by moxey63

13 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

About £85 k.:angry:

No disrespect, but how did you come to that figure from his twitter post that said £26500?