British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

Kim Nilsson owed a few bob

I remember Terry Lindon (Promoter at Berwick) doing a runner owing Kelvin Tatum thousands.

Edited by steve roberts

14 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

It would only have to happen once.....that would sort it for the future

Inclined to agree.

15 hours ago, griffo said:

The Captains of Both Teams still have to sign that they have all been paid whilst they have ridden for their own Team  or unpaid by other teams when they have been riding away  or in Individuals

I am aware of captains that have week after week noted on the document details of unpaid riders only for very little if anything to be done about it

I bet he's far from the only one. Wonder if any other riders would care to comment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adonis said:

If you can't see that , there would be no point trying to explain 

Carillion went out of business - Lakeside haven't. I do take your point but doubt its relevance. 

8 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I remember Terry Lindon (Promoter at Berwick) doing a runner owing Kelvin Tatum thousands.

I think its safe to say that there was more than Kelvin Tatum that was owed money by former club owner Lindon.

1 hour ago, screm said:

I think its safe to say that there was more than Kelvin Tatum that was owed money by former club owner Lindon.

...yes I seem to remember that both Jimmy Nilsen and Richard Knight were owed money as well. 

Unfortunately the accounts for Lakeside Hammers are not very positive and make sorry reading.

Losses of £16,670 during 2015 and £71,461 in 2016.

Amounts owing to creditors up from £49,988 at 31.12.15 to £93,485 at 31.12.16

Net worth £88,031 negative at December 2016

Let's hope that last year was able to make a positive contribution and make some inroads into this.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, OveFundinFan said:

I am sure it was the case at Belle Vue in the sixties (at least) that after the meeting the riders went to the office which was under and at the back of the grandstand and received there earnings. Its easy to calculate what someone has earned during a meeting, especially now with computers. Cash may not be the wisest now but money transfers are no problem.

I remember the Tim Stone days at Newport where he used to come into the bar after the meeting to give the riders a brown envelope.

He always looked even angrier than usual after a big home win... which wasn't often in fairness!

• Like 1

Shouldn't there be a proper, official, investigation into Kim's claims

Surely the SCB and/or the ACU should get involved

It needs stamping out

Would be interested to know whether Philip Rising's magazine would care to take the lead on this

It is, after all, speedway news, and that's what Speedway Star is there to report

So?  Needs sorting, houses put in order, miscreants dealt with, victims satisfied

2 hours ago, adonis said:

and when the investigation  is over  , maybe they could find time to investigate all the riders that owe suppliers money ,  that will have to be second  on the list though because it's a far bigger job 

Pay the riders what they're owed, maybe they can then pay their suppliers

20 hours ago, woofers said:

Unfortunately the accounts for Lakeside Hammers are not very positive and make sorry reading.

Losses of £16,670 during 2015 and £71,461 in 2016.

Amounts owing to creditors up from £49,988 at 31.12.15 to £93,485 at 31.12.16

Net worth £88,031 negative at December 2016

Let's hope that last year was able to make a positive contribution and make some inroads into this.

Last year almost certainly made the financial position worse which led to the sale of Adam and Zach to Swindon.