British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

Kim Nilsson owed a few bob

23 hours ago, tocha said:

He states the amount owing  is from three different clubs indicating by means of flag that they are spread between the UK and Sweden during the period 2015 to 2017. He quotes three currencies, firstly in Kroner (Sweden are not in the Euro-zone) but then in Euros and Sterling presumably to better illustrate the extent of the overall debt.

The cat is out of the bag now so to speak. This week's Star has  an article on the subject whereupon it appears Kim is owed in excess of £5000 by Lakeside from 2016. They must have contacted Jon Cook in advance of its publication but says  he was unaware of the situation but has reported  it on to Stuart Douglas who states the matter is in hand.

1 hour ago, tocha said:

The cat is out of the bag now so to speak. This week's Star has  an article on the subject whereupon it appears Kim is owed in excess of £5000 by Lakeside from 2016. They must have contacted Jon Cook in advance of its publication but says  he was unaware of the situation but has reported  it on to Stuart Douglas who states the matter is in hand.

I'm not sure what's worse... Owing someone £5,000 from 18 months ago, or not knowing anything about it!

Edited by Najjer

Should get the baliffs from Can't Pay We'll Take it Away, they nearly always get the cash!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Should get the baliffs from Can't Pay We'll Take it Away, they nearly always get the cash!!!

Not quite sure what price dilapidated airbags and knackered wooden fences would fetch.

There it was on page 3 of the Speedway Star. I simply cannot believe the attitude of Lakesides Promotion and how they have the front to move up from the NL still owing money to the rider. Whether or not he is a soft touch is of no consequence the promotion are a despicable pair. They more than anyone know the risks riders face since they lost their Captain and the big bills that could follow up a couple of engine blow ups etc. For JC to say he had no idea is laughable. So much for the BSPA taking money from clubs when a new promotion join to cover such eventualities. You couldn’t make it up. 

• Like 1

If I can just correct one point Westhamboy66.

Lakeside have not 'moved up' from the National League to the Premiership. In the words of Lakeside's website, it was 'a promotion'. :D

On another point, I wonder if Lakeside will actually run all of their scheduled meetings this year? That possibly hinges on whether their riders get paid.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, griffo said:

The Captains of Both Teams still have to sign that they have all been paid whilst they have ridden for their own Team  or unpaid by other teams when they have been riding away  or in Individuals

I believe that the  Rider that is owed should tell his Captain  where he is Owed  From and when but in my Experience over many Years is that they don`t and some times there is nothing done about it I recall one Rider putting down every single week the details of the Money owed where from and what Date you could have made a Rubber Stamp it went on that long so I don`t know who supposed to look into the non Payment System.

42 minutes ago, griffo said:

I believe that the  Rider that is owed should tell his Captain  where he is Owed  From and when but in my Experience over many Years is that they don`t and some times there is nothing done about it I recall one Rider putting down every single week the details of the Money owed where from and what Date you could have made a Rubber Stamp it went on that long so I don`t know who supposed to look into the non Payment System.

The form goes to the meeting ref; and should be sent along with the Machine Examiner checks, meeting scorecard, etc. to the SCB.

It no doubt then sits on someones desk in Rugby, before ending up in the shredder or paper recycling.

Not quite sure how Jon Cook was apparently unaware of this 5 Grand underpayment. Are we honestly to believe that Kim Nilsson wasn't chasing this payment at anytime during the past two years?

Kim has said that some details were written on Meeting Certificates. When the SCB receive their copies, steps should be taken to progress the rider's comments. The rider should then be kept informed, not left in the dark.

The only time Sam was ever owed money it was only a small amount for a CL guest booking and I was told by everybody to just forget about it as it would cause him problems. Everybody except Tim Stone who said chase it up, I tried to contact the promoter several times with no luck so wrote to the SCB saying that it was a matter of principal and I would put it through the small claims court if I hadn't received the money in 30 days. Cheque in the post within the week!

I do think riders don't chase money as they should because they fear that word will get around and they won't get rides in future. I would suggest the only promoters who wouldn't employ a rider because he asked for his due money wouldn't be worth riding for anyway. On the other hand you have riders who will sign for clubs who are known to pay late for extra points money over those who do pay on the nail, makes no sense to me but it happens. It is interesting that the promoters who are accused of being too tight with their money by the fans are often the ones who settle the wage bill.

• Like 4

On 15/03/2018 at 1:24 PM, Najjer said:

I'm not sure what's worse... Owing someone £5,000 from 18 months ago, or not knowing anything about it!

Particularly as both are the sole shareholders of the company.

Wouldn't you ask "What's this £93,485 we owe to Other Creditors then?"

Thing is, we only have one side of the story here - post above says "some details were written on meeting certificates", which doesn't appear to be conclusive that both parties agree there's a debt.

Disputes over what riders think they're owed and what promoters think they are due are quite common.  This can be down to the fact that not everything is in writing or that funding may be coming from another source.

Edited by SPEEDY69