British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Warsaw info

Making my first trip to Warsaw for the gp, unfortunately I recently lost my job so as yet I ve not got my tickets. Does the gp sell out there or will I still be able to get decent seats in a few weeks time?

Also being a capital city am I going to be able to survive 4 days with speaking no non swearing polish words. 

Also obviously Poland is far cheaper then the UK for food and drink etc but being a capital city does this make things much more expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help.

i'm doing 4 nights/5 days and don't speak Polish, did 3 last year and all fine.

with regards to DECENT seats, you'll get right at the top as that is all that will be left

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Making my first trip to Warsaw for the gp, unfortunately I recently lost my job so as yet I ve not got my tickets. Does the gp sell out there or will I still be able to get decent seats in a few weeks time?

Also being a capital city am I going to be able to survive 4 days with speaking no non swearing polish words. 

Also obviously Poland is far cheaper then the UK for food and drink etc but being a capital city does this make things much more expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you go on here https://www.kupbilet.pl/index.php?url=sgp2018 and hover on the sections you will be able to see what`s left.

• Like 1

You’ll eat and drink like a king in Warsaw and still have some money left when back home.

• Like 2

Christ it's either vip or in the gods already! Someone is sorting my tickets this evening so hopefully we can stretch to 599 pzl 

There are plenty tickets for sale in viagogo for example... has been each time.

18 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Christ it's either vip or in the gods already! Someone is sorting my tickets this evening so hopefully we can stretch to 599 pzl 

Tickets went on sale in October !!!!  I wouldn`t pay that much !!!!  top level is ok- you can see everything that matters. 1st bend 89 zl compared to 599

Edited by racers and royals

I have booked 2 tickets on apex of 3 and 4 for 161 zlotys,Inc 3 Zlotys fee for printing my own tickets.

Seems a strange system that I now have to go into the bank tomorrow to transfer my payment. But hey ho I am sorted and 8 rows back on the upper tier.

shouldn't have to do a bank transfer, there were plenty of options and there were certainly card payment options

It was the only one of the 3 options that was written in English. ...lol

Cost me 30 extra quid to transfer so will remember that for next time. Have to wait 3 days now for money to arrive then I can print my tickets. Then stress over :)

On 3/12/2018 at 2:41 PM, teaboy279 said:

Cost me 30 extra quid to transfer so will remember that for next time. Have to wait 3 days now for money to arrive then I can print my tickets. Then stress over :)

Just booked and cost me less than a quid to print tickets off. Paid by credit card.

Flight booked from Leeds. Just the hotel which should be a doddle

If anyone can point me to a decent bar in the city prior to the meeting, that would be greatly appreciated

:D

Tickets printed and by lucky coincidence my seat number is my old racing number #279

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2018 at 9:07 PM, tyke said:

Just booked and cost me less than a quid to print tickets off. Paid by credit card.

Flight booked from Leeds. Just the hotel which should be a doddle

If anyone can point me to a decent bar in the city prior to the meeting, that would be greatly appreciated

:D

http://www.piwpaw.pl/

Open 24/7;)

On 12/03/2018 at 2:41 PM, teaboy279 said:

There's third party options much cheaper than your high street banks for money transfers. Check out https://www.fairfx.com/product/transfer

• Like 1