British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Warsaw info

On 13/03/2018 at 9:07 PM, tyke said:

... Just the hotel which should be a doddle...

Check out https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Warsaw--Poland/homes?place_id=ChIJAZ-GmmbMHkcR_NPqiCq-8HI&query=Warsaw%2C Poland&refinement_paths[]=%2Fhomes&allow_override[]=&s_tag=eOI4ZEug

There's more on offer than just bog standard hotels. I stayed in a flat last time, that was conveniently on the 2nd floor, with a Craft Beer pub on the ground floor. :-)

• Like 1

On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 9:22 AM, uk_martin said:

Check out https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Warsaw--Poland/homes?place_id=ChIJAZ-GmmbMHkcR_NPqiCq-8HI&query=Warsaw%2C Poland&refinement_paths[]=%2Fhomes&allow_override[]=&s_tag=eOI4ZEug

There's more on offer than just bog standard hotels. I stayed in a flat last time, that was conveniently on the 2nd floor, with a Craft Beer pub on the ground floor. :-)

I ll meet ya for a craft beer if you give directions.

8 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I ll meet ya for a craft beer if you give directions.

Not going to Warsaw this year, but if you are looking for that craft beer pub, it's on Ul. Marszalkowska 10-16

• Like 1

8 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Do they do a fanzone in Warsaw,  and is it easy to find?

The first year it was on it was right outside the stadium- you couldn’t miss it.

11 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

It says on the website no airhorns, is this correct?

No, they made it up.  

If you want to try a selection of beers and cider's go the 'Piw Paw' on Foksal a turning off of Nowy Swiat.

It has 92 - 95 different tap beers and cider's, and around 120 different bottled beers and cider's.

Will be in there on Thursday and Friday evening.

Another bar worth a visit is Hoppiness, on a road behind C&A. Only 12 craft drinks (a very nice stout called 'Coffee and Cream'), but they do some nice pub grub.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jacques said:

Any news on Nicki P. I'd expect him to ride? 

i saw on social media he was visiting his mechanic building stuff up ready for the GP, so i expect him to ride

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

i saw on social media he was visiting his mechanic building stuff up ready for the GP, so i expect him to ride

Thanks Steve, good news ( ish)