British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Booey boy

For or against team suits

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

No brainer, they are a must in terms of a professional image nowadays.

But that becomes irrelevant when there are three guests in the team with just a similar bib but different outfits.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

I personally liked it before  team suits more colourful what do posters think

That's about the right mentality of British Speedway, the sort of thing you'd expect to hear in a year 4 art class - not a professional league full of different teams.

Massive marketing opportunities missed by not having team suits and a complete amateurish feel. Teamsuits are an absolute must. I think it's poor that even some National League teams have them and they aren't being considered by some teams in the Premier League.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

But that becomes irrelevant when there are three guests in the team with just a similar bib but different outfits.  

Guests should now be a lot less with the fixture list being sorted and anybody missing should be replaced with R/R. The idea of black bottoms a few years ago was much better and team shirts are used to keep them in keeping if guests are used. How hard can it be??

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

That's about the right mentality of British Speedway, the sort of thing you'd expect to hear in a year 4 art class - not a professional league full of different teams.

Massive marketing opportunities missed by not having team suits and a complete amateurish feel. Teamsuits are an absolute must. I think it's poor that even some National League teams have them and they aren't being considered by some teams in the Premier League.

It's not really a professional league is it with all the changes and it worked allright for 70 odd years so can't be that bad

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

It's not really a professional league is it with all the changes and it worked allright for 70 odd years so can't be that bad

We are told it's a professional league yes. However, there is very little about it that is professional right now.

Team suits for league racing,  no question. 

• Like 2

In any walk of life where teams are involved its a must that they ALL have the team suit /  uniform on.  Its part of having pride in the team you are representing.  It also makes it easier for members of the public to differentiate between the teams.   A long time ago Brian Clough evicted one of his players from the team coach whilst on the way to the airport because he did not have his club uniform on.    Its a backward step to do away with team suits. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

In any walk of life where teams are involved its a must that they ALL have the team suit /  uniform on.  Its part of having pride in the team you are representing.  It also makes it easier for members of the public to differentiate between the teams.   A long time ago Brian Clough evicted one of his players from the team coach whilst on the way to the airport because he did not have his club uniform on.    Its a backward step to do away with team suits. 

You obviously know which team was which they had club race jackets which are collectors items now

Team suits all day long for me

Not having them now would be a big backward step

Cost is a red herring too - each suit is the equivalent of a routine service for an engine 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Booey boy said:

You obviously know which team was which they had club race jackets which are collectors items now

I thought the question was for or against race suits.   I went for race suits and gave my reasons why so I don't understand what you find to argue about !

• Like 1

If it’s team suits or better riders then no question better riders. 

Ford hasn’t got team suits in protest to the BT deal because it’s perhaps the worst deal in history and worth jack all. 

Non poole fans would you rather a decent WR track or poole in teamsuits? 

I know what I want. 

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

If it’s team suits or better riders then no question better riders. 

Ford hasn’t got team suits in protest to the BT deal because it’s perhaps the worst deal in history and worth jack all. 

Non poole fans would you rather a decent WR track or poole in teamsuits? 

I know what I want. 

Line 1 - team suit cost irrelevant to rider selection. Its just a tiny fraction of the total cost of putting together a team.

Line 2 - if that is the reason then it is petty and short sighted

Line 3 - the two shouldnt be mutually exclusive. Both should be an automatic part of a top flight team

• Like 4

I don't like either team suits or race jackets.

There's no scope for merchandise. i.e. joe public wouldn't wear either out and about as people tend to with football/rugby/cricket/ice hockey/basketball/NFL/baseball kits.

The kevlars should be considered as safety kit worn under a team shirt, that supporters could buy replicas of.

I seem to remember Boro Bears (and others) trying these in the 90's but the designs were awful, they were baggy and the riders used to cut the arms off to display more sponsors so they looked shabby.

Designed correctly they would be relatively inexpensive and could be made available to supporters.  Got to be better than those god ugly wulfsport anoraks.  Guaranteed to make any new supporter run a mile.

• Like 8