British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Booey boy

For or against team suits

As ever, team suits are great at the P&P.  Then two weeks in, you lose a rider to injury.  Replacement arrives, but no suit for him.  Then you change a reserve - ditto.   Then you re-declare, change two riders to benefit the chances of winning

That leaves three team suits and four wearing tatty football jerseys, or old race-jackets from another season.

Professional, oh yeah.... 

Musielak has a suit for his first meeting. Only time we didn’t have team suits for riders is when we had guests. 

I really don’t see the issue. Even championship/NL sides have them. 

• Like 2

I see (from Twitter) that Darcy is disappointed that Poole won't have team race suits this season.

On 11 March 2018 at 5:37 PM, Booey boy said:

It's not really a professional league is it with all the changes and it worked allright for 70 odd years so can't be that bad

It should be presenting a professional image. Things working 'alright' 70, 60, 50 etc. years ago so not being changed is the exact reason Speedway is on its arse here now. 

• Like 1

As Rosco said we don't want to look like pikeys 

12 hours ago, Uluru said:

As ever, team suits are great at the P&P.  Then two weeks in, you lose a rider to injury.  Replacement arrives, but no suit for him.  Then you change a reserve - ditto.   Then you re-declare, change two riders to benefit the chances of winning

That leaves three team suits and four wearing tatty football jerseys, or old race-jackets from another season.

Just a classic case of Speedway being lazy and not efficient enough. Things nowadays can be turned around in a matter of days if they are efficient enough. 

Even having overshirts would be a damn sight lot better than a race jacket so at least the top half is all the same for the riders in the team and more importantly than anything, the sponsors!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

This Bib is generating a lot of interest good for Volvo Cars, Wessex marine and County Crest Pallets! 

All about as positive as the new Leeds United logo did. At a quick glance it's been criticised by Rossiter, Ward and Brady Kurtz to name a few.... plus a lot more fans on twitter are critical than positive reaction.

Without the sponsors mentioned or any pictures, there is no way any of the PR can be good for anybody connected and is actually just damaging to Poole's reputation as a professional outfit.

20 hours ago, Uluru said:

And there we have the main criticism of team suits, he same goes equally for matching fork covers, mudguards, wheel spoilers, etc.  They look cool & professional when all the same, less so when some don't match up mentioned to above ^^.  I'm less than keen on some club logos but that's a slightly different topic.   And while still on the subject, I'm convinced not a complete change of team colours is a good idea either....

Edited by martinmauger
edited to hopefully make sense (!)

6 hours ago, auntie doris said:

I'm thinking of giving Matt a bit of competition down at Poole.Thinking of opening a new hair salon ;)

Image result for gypsy pirate badge

8 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Haha Rosco ought to be careful what he's saying, they're very helpful in his trade.:D

I paid £350 for a racesuit in an auction at the end of last season, the money didn't matter as it went to a rider to help towards this season. It was however pointed out that I paid more than the suit cost brand new. Anyone paying £1,000+ for a suit is either a fool or has convinced some other fool to pay for it.

• Like 1

Thought most race suits cost around 4 to 500 pound. Whether that includes sponsor logos I'm not sure.

Look on the Dstar website, they have all sorts of options ranging from £575 upwards to £750 or so. In this day and age it is really not difficult to find a sponsor(s) who wants to get their brand 'out there' to cover that. 

37 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Look on the Dstar website, they have all sorts of options ranging from £575 upwards to £750 or so. In this day and age it is really not difficult to find a sponsor(s) who wants to get their brand 'out there' to cover that. 

Seems it is down south