British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Booey boy

For or against team suits

47 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Look on the Dstar website, they have all sorts of options ranging from £575 upwards to £750 or so. In this day and age it is really not difficult to find a sponsor(s) who wants to get their brand 'out there' to cover that. 

If Ford had a 100k deal for Dudek sorted.The race suit don't seem like a huge cost.

51 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Seems it is down south

Obviously not looking or asking in the right places. Somerset is thriving with the Hinckley developments, new businesses everywhere, I don't believe for one minute there isn't someone with an interest who wouldn't of taken a punt on it.

27 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Obviously not looking or asking in the right places. Somerset is thriving with the Hinckley developments, new businesses everywhere, I don't believe for one minute there isn't someone with an interest who wouldn't of taken a punt on it.

Why the bibs.Coping Poole.If not why

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Look on the Dstar website, they have all sorts of options ranging from £575 upwards to £750 or so. In this day and age it is really not difficult to find a sponsor(s) who wants to get their brand 'out there' to cover that. 

But also looking at the race bibs they cost between £50 - £60 massive difference in price. 

Big difference in the image they portray too.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

A lot of the dstar (other brands are available) fee includes the initial designs & setting up so barring logos/sponsors for individual riders the costs should decrease for additional suits rather than ordering a one off.

32 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

A lot of the dstar (other brands are available) fee includes the initial designs & setting up so barring logos/sponsors for individual riders the costs should decrease for additional suits rather than ordering a one off.

Even better!

9 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

But also looking at the race bibs they cost between £50 - £60 massive difference in price. 

I don't think you understand how business and marketing works. Forget the cost, as that will be recouped and more. With a professional image the chance for investment is massive - therefore out weighing the cost! I've seen it posted elsewhere that Swindon have a main title sponsor on the front of their suit and then 9 other team sponsors elsewhere on the suit. I wonder how many of those 10 would of invested if they had been told they would the size of a 50 pence piece to fit on a race jacket? None I expect.

With an amateurish image the marketing oppertunities and chance for investment is a lot less.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Why the bibs.Coping Poole.If not why

I think you're asking why are Somerset having race bibs like Poole?

If so, I can't answer that as it well and truly baffles me. Somerset has always been a professionally run club and I see this move as a complete oversight, missed opportunity and just simply unprofessional. We've got the World Champion turning up at the Oak Tree Arena racing in a mix and match. Imagine the selling point to sponsors that the sports world champion could carry your logo under the Somerset Speedway umbrella on all marketing, advertising, promotions, on BT sports, within the local community, social media and websites to name just a few. If you can't sell that you're in the wrong trade!

• Like 3

I do find it hard to understand at higher levels why suits are not a certainty. 99% of riders are going to start the year with a new suit anyway whether that is a club suit or their own. If the total costs are too much for clubs to afford why not just make a contribution? Im certain if Somerset for example said to any rider we will give you £400 providing you have the club crest on the chest, black body and red arms the rest is up to you riders are going to take that deal then source their race suits wherever they choose. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Big difference in the image they portray too.

If I was Swindon';s main sponsor I would be strongly objecting to the race suit zipper going right through the middle letter of my logo!!:D;)  Surely it would be better to one side?!

Maybe it was a 'pikey' designer that did it??! :P;)

Lots of smileys usually means a post isn't to be taken seriously so I'm going to do just that.

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

I think you're asking why are Somerset having race bibs like Poole?

If so, I can't answer that as it well and truly baffles me. Somerset has always been a professionally run club and I see this move as a complete oversight, missed opportunity and just simply unprofessional. We've got the World Champion turning up at the Oak Tree Arena racing in a mix and match. Imagine the selling point to sponsors that the sports world champion could carry your logo under the Somerset Speedway umbrella on all marketing, advertising, promotions, on BT sports, within the local community, social media and websites to name just a few. If you can't sell that you're in the wrong trade!

And kinda baffles me the BSPA can't get the Prem League sponsored.  "Your name included in league name description 'Whatever Pramiership League' with 14 riders + (potentially) 2 team managers + (potentially) 4 start girls wearing your logo, front and back on riders' suits / bibs, match programme, fence, centre and pit area advertising possibilities, with live TV coverage (approx) 20 times per season, also logos and name included in televised (potenial) Champs League meetings".  Don't seem too bad a package to me...

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

I paid £350 for a racesuit in an auction at the end of last season, the money didn't matter as it went to a rider to help towards this season. It was however pointed out that I paid more than the suit cost brand new. Anyone paying £1,000+ for a suit is either a fool or has convinced some other fool to pay for it.

Hold in each hand a cheap printed suit and a suit made by Maliniak, KW, WK etc. with all logos individually sewn on. It becomes obvious then why their suits are at a premium price. As with all things in life you get what you pay for. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DWP said:

Hold in each hand a cheap printed suit and a suit made by Maliniak, KW, WK etc. with all logos individually sewn on. It becomes obvious then why their suits are at a premium price. As with all things in life you get what you pay for. 

Like I've suggested before, offer up for example a Dstar racesuits and then if the individual rider wishes to upgrade their brand to a superior one they can pay the difference. Simples.

• Like 1