British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Booey boy

For or against team suits

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

If I was Swindon';s main sponsor I would be strongly objecting to the race suit zipper going right through the middle letter of my logo!!:D;)  Surely it would be better to one side?!

Maybe it was a 'pikey' designer that did it??! :P;)

Thankfully you're not  :D;)

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Najjer said:

I don't think you understand how business and marketing works. Forget the cost, as that will be recouped and more. With a professional image the chance for investment is massive - therefore out weighing the cost! I've seen it posted elsewhere that Swindon have a main title sponsor on the front of their suit and then 9 other team sponsors elsewhere on the suit. I wonder how many of those 10 would of invested if they had been told they would the size of a 50 pence piece to fit on a race jacket? None I expect.

With an amateurish image the marketing oppertunities and chance for investment is a lot less.

You really think marketing is a problem for Poole and tbf Somerset? Yet Poole still state that it is down to finance and you have to believe it's the same with us at Somerset (probably due to the wage of a certain world no. 1). Will the fans and riders moan if either side wins the league...  probably not. Did Elit Vetlanda fans last season moan about winning the league title but wearing race jackets... probably not. 

16 hours ago, DWP said:

Hold in each hand a cheap printed suit and a suit made by Maliniak, KW, WK etc. with all logos individually sewn on. It becomes obvious then why their suits are at a premium price. As with all things in life you get what you pay for. 

But is the actual suit any better nowadays? They do look better, but thats just an opinion.

14 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

You really think marketing is a problem for Poole and tbf Somerset? Yet Poole still state that it is down to finance and you have to believe it's the same with us at Somerset (probably due to the wage of a certain world no. 1). Will the fans and riders moan if either side wins the league...  probably not. Did Elit Vetlanda fans last season moan about winning the league title but wearing race jackets... probably not. 

Smederna won it wearing team suits! B) and Rospiggarna the year before.

Edited by f-s-p

45 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Smederna won it wearing team suits! B) and Rospiggarna the year before.

55 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I love it when someone tries to use evidence to prove a point and they just make something up :lol:

And for the record, yes I do believe marketing is a problem for both Poole and Somerset. As I've previously said Swindon according to other posts have a main title sponsor and 9 other team sponsors on their suit. Poole and Somerset obviously don't, which shows a marketing issue in my eyes. To a certain extent it doesn't make any difference to me watching Speedway personally whether Riders are in team suits or race jacket when I'm watching, it won't effect me going or not obviously. That isn't the point I'm making. The point is it's a complete oversight and so short sighted to think it saves money by not having team suits, when if done properly it could actually be a chance for increased revenue.

At least Somerset have a decent logo to represent the club whereas Poole have absolutely murdered theirs this year and is truly awful.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

Interesting to see that 5 out of the 7 Swindon team have Dstar suits as well as at least Craig Cook for Belle Vue.... can't be that bad after all and all for a maximum of £700 each :rolleyes:

Edited by Najjer

54 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Interesting to see that 5 out of the 7 Swindon team have Dstar suits as well as at least Craig Cook for Belle Vue.... can't be that bad after all and all for a maximum of £700 each :rolleyes:

So is it the 5 that have the colours wrong or just the 2?!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So is it the 5 that have the colours wrong or just the 2?!

Thats a good laugh every year! :D

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

I love it when someone tries to use evidence to prove a point and they just make something up :lol:

And for the record, yes I do believe marketing is a problem for both Poole and Somerset. As I've previously said Swindon according to other posts have a main title sponsor and 9 other team sponsors on their suit. Poole and Somerset obviously don't, which shows a marketing issue in my eyes. To a certain extent it doesn't make any difference to me watching Speedway personally whether Riders are in team suits or race jacket when I'm watching, it won't effect me going or not obviously. That isn't the point I'm making. The point is it's a complete oversight and so short sighted to think it saves money by not having team suits, when if done properly it could actually be a chance for increased revenue.

At least Somerset have a decent logo to represent the club whereas Poole have absolutely murdered theirs this year and is truly awful.

No just a mistake just as anyone can make but i'll own up if i'm wrong. Was watching matches on YouTube from 2017 and never realised until I just re looked and saw 2015. I've said before i'll own up if i'm wrong.

I made a mistake but point still stands tbf it doesn't matter what the team wears if things go right on track. Sponsorship can only take you so far and I believe we are already getting sponsorship deals to help us with the Doyle deal. So added onto expenses for the track, meeting expenses etc we probably wouldn't recoup for race suits in all fairness. Swindon have always been good in terms of the marketing side of speedway tbf. 

I totally agree Poole have definitely done a Leeds with the badge but even that isn't as bad as KL attempt at a club anthem. 

10 suits a year is about 7k £. Someone said Swindon had 7 team sponsors. Thats 1k a logo. Is it that cheap to advertise on British tv?

I helped a friend with his suit for a Swedish club. Copypasted logos on it before it went to print. Top half of the suit was off limits as it was sold by the team.

Not doing team suits for a British Premiership club is just stupid and lazy. Someone already said that not only was it possible for the suits to pay for themselves, they could have paid for a commercial manager as well... 

11 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

No just a mistake just as anyone can make but i'll own up if i'm wrong. Was watching matches on YouTube from 2017 and never realised until I just re looked and saw 2015. I've said before i'll own up if i'm wrong.

I made a mistake but point still stands tbf it doesn't matter what the team wears if things go right on track. Sponsorship can only take you so far and I believe we are already getting sponsorship deals to help us with the Doyle deal. So added onto expenses for the track, meeting expenses etc we probably wouldn't recoup for race suits in all fairness. Swindon have always been good in terms of the marketing side of speedway tbf. 

I totally agree Poole have definitely done a Leeds with the badge but even that isn't as bad as KL attempt at a club anthem. 

You still don't get it though - regardless of sponsors helping to fund Doyle, extra track work or results on track, there is still additional revenue that is now being missed out on.... so yes, you WOULD recoup it and more!

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

You still don't get it though - regardless of sponsors helping to fund Doyle, extra track work or results on track, there is still additional revenue that is now being missed out on.... so yes, you WOULD recoup it and more!

We have to get more marketing in but that's why ASGUK were signed on as commercial partners to improve our marketing side of things which they have done a little with Jewson and the air ambulance coming in but as you said elsewhere with the influx of business in the region we always more patners. 

Its the 70th anniversary and what do we have fkn crap race bibs like are we actually riding back in the 70's as well. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Well if the Aces v Robins Shield meeting goes ahead tomorrow good luck to any neutrals in identifying which team is which!! Almost identical race suits with some having the same sponsor - CFS - on both!! :shock:

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well if the Aces v Robins Shield meeting goes ahead tomorrow good luck to any neutrals in identifying which team is which!! Almost identical race suits with some having the same sponsor - CFS - on both!! :shock:

Hahaha - they are not identical at all!  And much more professional than bibs!

• Like 2