British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Booey boy

For or against team suits

As I have stated before I am for team race suits.The only riders that should wear bibs are Chris and Jack Holder and Troy Batchelor due to their childish behaviour last season and beyond.Let them have race suits when they mature a little.lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well if the Aces v Robins Shield meeting goes ahead tomorrow good luck to any neutrals in identifying which team is which!! Almost identical race suits with some having the same sponsor - CFS - on both!! :shock:

Helmet colours?

Anyway they aren't almost identical at all. How long do we have put up with this childish nonsense just because your club have downgraded to race jackets?

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 5

I was thinking of organising a Team Suits for Poole collection at the NSS tomorrow. It is upsetting to see a once proud club in such obvious financial difficulties.  This year team suits, next year an elastatic band in place of the starting gate,  it's so sad. Especially this year when they are celebrating they're 70th anniversary.  Fortunately, a relatively minor event compared to our 90th celebrations but even so, no doubt important to them. 

Unfortunately,  even after searching for several minutes I can't find my cap so the plans for the collection have had to be abandoned.  Perhaps for the best as security had warned me that I might be in danger of physical attacks. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For anybody who has seen Ipswich's racesuits this year, that is EXACTLY the reason why all top flight teams at least should have them. Marketing and professionalism almost to perfection! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

For anybody who has seen Ipswich's racesuits this year, that is EXACTLY the reason why all top flight teams at least should have them. Marketing and professionalism almost to perfection! 

Look good.

The 2018 Ipswich Tru Plant Witches, pictured at the press launch held at Ipswich Sports club. Back row, left to right: Danyon Hume, Rory Schlein, Michael Haertel, Cameron Heeps. Front row, left to right Connor Mountain and Nico Covatti. On bike, skipper Danny King.    Picture: Steve Waller    www.stephenwaller.com

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Look good.

The 2018 Ipswich Tru Plant Witches, pictured at the press launch held at Ipswich Sports club. Back row, left to right: Danyon Hume, Rory Schlein, Michael Haertel, Cameron Heeps. Front row, left to right Connor Mountain and Nico Covatti. On bike, skipper Danny King.    Picture: Steve Waller    www.stephenwaller.com

Perfect reason why team suits work well. Very professional. Tons better than the poundland use your own approach of some. 

It makes no sense to me why all teams haven’t racesuits. The main sponsor at Swindon is pleased with them along with the other 9 on the suits. All in the same place....how many can you get on a race jacket? 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Look good.

Ipswich always look professional, like the pre-season studio photo session = quality team pics....

• Like 1

I've noticed two more Championship sides with team suits which look smart - As my mate said ''Poole look like they've got dressed in the speedway lost property cupboard''.... Couldn't sum it up better myself!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I've noticed two more Championship sides with team suits which look smart - As my mate said ''Poole look like they've got dressed in the speedway lost property cupboard''.... Couldn't sum it up better myself!!!

Haha, I like that! So which nickname is going to stick for the 2018 bookies favourites and biggest Club in the land

Poole 'Pikey' Pirates
Poole 'Poundland' Pirates
Poole 'Lost Property' Pirates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Adding another 2P worth: ahead of the new season, and excellent 'Star preview, so far there are 3 teams (no names mentioned) whose suits don't match for all 7 riders.  Just sayin'.....

Edited by martinmauger
added info

The Brummies suits look great - very bright!  Good to see a NL side making an effor!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Adding another 2P worth: ahead of the new season, and excellent 'Star preview, so far there are 3 teams (no names mentioned) whose suits don't match for all 7 riders.  Just sayin'.....

They are all near as damn it so doesn't matter in the slightest. That'll be down to rider personal preference.

Somerset have had their P+P today and the race jackets look awful. Like something from the mid 90s. Jason Doyle has his race jacket sewn in as part of his suit and doesn't even have the main team sponsor on them.

• Sad 1

Team suits do look more professional in a photograph or for promotional work.

However...for me, I find it harder to distinguish who is who in a race, unless I look at the helmet colours and remember who's in the programmed ride.

I found it much easier to instantly work out which rider was who, when they wore individual leathers. The individual colours stood out more. Riding styles were also easier to see for some reason. For example riders like Simon Wigg and Leigh Adams instantly stood out because of their colours and style.

I'd personally prefer to see riders in their own style and distinctive Kevlars/Leathers with Club race jacket. The Race Jacket being distinctive, and not a small symbol surrounded by massive sponser's name. Birminghams big red 'B' on yellow, and Belle Vue's Large 'Ace' really stand out. Swindons robin and somersets just get lost somehow.

Perhaps instead of team kevlars, team bike covers and fork covers would be better?

• Like 4

If there is any chance of dragging the sport of speedway into anything like modern times, teams racing in identical race suits must be part of that. After all the vast majority of the sport is a team event so should reflect that, when riders go to race in individual events and want to look like an individual then fair enough but IMO a team event you should look like a team.

• Like 2