British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IronScorpion

Rule Changes for 2018

37 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Amendments to 2018 Regulations

15.2.6 Only if a rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the
2- minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start Area, provided they remain in
full, personal control of their motorcycle, have their Cut – Out Lanyard attached, and
with their motorcycle facing the direction of racing.

Issued 27/03/18 by the SCB Office.

That rule lasted a long time.:blink:

9 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

So what is sufficient time? 

Let me go find my piece of string - Will get back to you...... ;)

To be facing in the direction of racing ie front wheel facing direction of racing. Not at 90 degrees as some have done in the past. Hope referees have the guts to keep to rules.

46 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

So what is sufficient time? 

2 minutes I would guess??? Just enforce the 2 minute time allowance and not a problem

• Like 1

For 2018 there should be no more than four minutes, including the two minute warning, not unless that rule gets bin soon as well.

So why have they changed the rule again ?

A post I made on this forum some time ago stated that having filmed a full meeting from the start of heat 1 to the end of heat 15, more time was spent Gardening than actual racing, makes you think doesn’t it  

Thought they had done something right for a change then immediately change their minds and throw it down the toilet!!!

The BSPA really are clowns - who asked for the rule to be changed back and why.  I certainly don't buy the discriminates against shorter riders baloney, so does Basketball!!  Two minute clocks are not needed, the ref has a watch, just stick to it.  Don't let the riders come on track until the two minutes starts, then as soon as the start marshall calls them into line (say 15 seconds before the time runs out so the rider will know) if they delay, they'll be excluded.  Too much p'ing about at starts these days

They finally make a rule to speed up speedway for the better..Now its back to square one .after a couple of weeks ,,I despair the way the sport is being run,,

Forcing riders to stay on their bikes didn't speed up anything. It just meant that  riders spent the same amount of time gardening and moving back from the tapes but without dismounting. It also made no difference to the time they spent ignoring the Start Marshall's indications that they should move up to the tapes.

As has been said, to make an effective difference all that is needed is a 2 minute clock and referees to disqualify any rider not at the tapes and ready to start within that time limit.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Have the "forgetful" riders won through? How many of the dismounts early on were genuine and how many were to prove a point over the rule?

It really is simple, enforce the 2 minutes. Riders have to be at tapes ready to go when it elapses, start marshall calls from inside gate to outside, rider gets 2 calls each if the dont move / react on the second call they are out for delaying the start. Start marshalls carry very little power these days and are persistently ignored by riders.