British Speedway Forum

Interesting new rule. 15.8.1 If the Referee stops a heat, following an incident or accident, where the rider causing the stoppage and his team partner were in third and fourth place and a re-run is called with one of those riders excluded, the Referee has the sole discretion to order that the remaining team partner will start on a 15 metre handicap in gate position c or d (the opposing team does not change positions). I guess this is an effort to stop riders staying down to get a rerun & gain an extra chance in the rerun.

• Like 3

Also, for the 1st time SEC fixtures take priority over British Speedway. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Why?

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

However, a facility will be granted.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Why?

Why not?

23 minutes ago, MattK said:

However, a facility will be granted.

As should have been the case from the start when SEC first came about.

• Like 1

Not an issue any more. Doubt there are many SEC meetings on a Monday or a Wednesday

17 minutes ago, SCB said:

Not an issue any more. Doubt there are many SEC meetings on a Monday or a Wednesday

Same with GP Qualifiers etc now but you can almost guarantee the Poles will push the boundaries in future as they're looking to run some meetings on Friday's.

I wouldn't be at all surprised in a couple of years if qualifiers moved to a Monday or Wednesday as it would suit Poland

Did I miss the part about speeding the meeting up,  or the bit about starting  the meetings on  time, What about  the pit gate being close to stop riders returning to the pit s at every opportunity. ???

It seems al those issues that were voiced upon have been forgotten already,.....:wink:  :t:

31 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Did I miss the part about speeding the meeting up,  or the bit about starting  the meetings on  time, What about  the pit gate being close to stop riders returning to the pit s at every opportunity. ???

It seems al those issues that were voiced upon have been forgotten already,.....:wink:  :t:

They have tak3n note about speeding meetings up.

The regulations are now 4mins instead of 5 from the crossing the finish line to the start of the next, inclusive of the 2mins.

It should be a noticable difference, especially at King's Lynn anyway 

57 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Rule 15.1 states the first heat shall commence at the stated time unless the referee delays the start due to weather conditions etc

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

As Daniel has answered 2 of your questions,although the one about stopping the riders returning to the pits at every opportunity it is in force already.They only return if there has been a crash.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Not every track has a pit gate that can be closed!

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

As Daniel has answered 2 of your questions,although the one about stopping the riders returning to the pits at every opportunity it is in force already.They only return if there has been a crash.

Where does it say that? The only thing I can see if that the riders cannot leave the circuit, which isn't new.

• Like 1