British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I'm assuming it's still a guest for no.1 and then rider replacement for everybody else except the reserves. The only time a guest is then used is 2 or more riders are injured. That's what I would assume, but I haven't actually read the rule book so it's probably the complete opposite!

I read it as guest or r/r allowed for top 3 (heat leaders) and r/r only for riders 4-5 (second string) unless both are missing in which case 1 guest and 1 r/r.  Reserves are guest only

Would it have been too much trouble for the BSPA to have posted a list of the amended rules, or  where this years rule differ from last year. 

It would save on all the confusion and bring everybody up to date.      After all,  we are fans of the same sport and batting on the same  pitch......

1 minute ago, g13webb said:

Would it have been too much trouble for the BSPA to have posted a list of the amended rules, or  where this years rule differ from last year. 

It would save on all the confusion and bring everybody up to date.      After all,  we are fans of the same sport and batting on the same  pitch......

They have on the website today posted a summary of main changes

The full regs can be downloaded from the SCB link as well

37 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 18.8.A - Guest or RR for 1-3 by MA

So another year and another year of guests galore.... give me strength!

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I think the rules are posted by the SCB to the BSPA site & any changes are normally in bold.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I think the rules are posted by the SCB to the BSPA site & any changes are normally in bold.

True, any changes to the rules are highlighted in bold print. example shown below

15.2.6 Only if a rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2-minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have the Cut-Out Lanyard attached, and remain astride their motorcycle facing the direction of racing

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

They have on the website today posted a summary of main changes

The full regs can be downloaded from the SCB link as well

Thank you for that,   I wasn't aware they had posted a summary.      I was aware of the full Regs were available from SCB, and that the changes were in bold , but that was the point of my post having to troll through pages and pages of regs just to see the few changes that had been made 

5 hours ago, DunRobin said:

True, any changes to the rules are highlighted in bold print. example shown below

15.2.6 Only if a rider is at the Starting Gate with sufficient time remaining of the 2-minute allowance, be permitted to prepare their Start area, provided they remain in full, personal control of their motorcycle, have the Cut-Out Lanyard attached, and remain astride their motorcycle facing the direction of racing

Looks likeva few 15m  handicaps being dished out at Belle Vue tonight for this. Not sure what it's supposed to achieve really.

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Looks likeva few 15m  handicaps being dished out at Belle Vue tonight for this. Not sure what it's supposed to achieve really.

The first one getting busted (Fricke) was careless, but after that it is just unprofessional to fall foul of this. You've already seen your teammate get excluded for the exact same thing.

• Like 2

We moan at the BSPA for not being professional but the riders really should read the rule book. The fans know the new rules why dont the riders. Almost as if they don't care.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

We moan at the BSPA for not being professional but the riders really should read the rule book. The fans know the new rules why dont the riders. Almost as if they don't care.

Plus that's down to the team managers to pass on to. Both were dreadful on the new ruling tonight and no lessons learned throughout. 

I expect a lot of the trouble tonight was habit, one would like to think that after a few meetings and exclusions riders will learn to poverty the new rule.

• Like 1

The riders had been told of the new rule but as Fricke said "old habits die hard".

Overall, there was much less gardening so maybe the new rule has achieved it's purpose although we probably need the evidence of more than one meeting before making a judgement. 

• Like 1

I just don't see what the purpose of this rule is. If riders are at the tapes and ready to race by the end of the 2 minutes, what is the issue?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Think you are passing the buck here,    A good Team Manager would have been on the ball ensuring his team were aware of any new rule changes...        I for one don't expect the riders to know all the rules, but a Team Manager should.

As for the necessity  of the new gardening rule is beyond me.     What's the point of it and what does it prove??     Small riders like KB are at a big disadvantage......      would have thought  there was far more issues to be sorted than whether the leg is across the bike when getting ready to start.