British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Mike Sampson Interview

Great to read an interview with one of my favourite riders, Mike Sampson, in the latest edition of 'Backtrack'

A very under-rated rider in my opinion but in my view was very instrumental in helping 'The Rebels' to league success in 1977. Won numerous team honours not only with White City but for Eastbourne and his home town team Exeter of which he had a love/hate relationship.

He comes across as a very modest man but without riders like Mike speedway would have been the the poorer.

• Like 2

Ive just realised I forgot to renew my subscription!!!!

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ive just realised I forgot to renew my subscription!!!!

Aaarrrggghhh!!!

...as usual makes for interesting reading.

An interview with Mick Handley who rode for my team, Oxford, for many years and a more than interesting interview with SRA Secretary Colin Gear who talks about Kenny Carter at length and the so called 'Sunday People' scandal as well as the drugs issue when Hans Nielsen was very supportive in an attempt to introduce drug testing to the sport.

A great read!

• Thanks 1

Renewed online last night - hopefully will get this issue so my collection remains unbroken

• Like 1

Received my copy today.

Excellent as ever. :)

• Like 3