British Speedway Forum
NSSC News

Save Coventry Speedway-unprecedented response objecting to Brandon Estates planning application

52 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Yes the group have said that they know someone who is willing to take it on.

And they also have around 100 tradesmen who have offered their services to restore the stadium.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2018 at 11:38 PM, Woz01 said:

Yes the group have said that they know someone who is willing to take it on.

What will be Mick Horton's role in all of this?  Who in their right minds is going to pump shed-loads of cash into a venture that Horton will be left to run (down) afterwards?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

What will be Mick Horton's role in all of this?  Who in their right minds is going to pump shed-loads of cash into a venture that Horton will be left to run (down) afterwards?

None !! Nothing,!!  Zero !! , Zilch!!.

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I assume taking on the stadium will include taking on the rights for the speedway and Stox promotion. 

4 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

None !! Nothing,!!  Zero !! , Zilch!!.

2 hours ago, Woz01 said:

I assume taking on the stadium will include taking on the rights for the speedway and Stox promotion. 

2 different angles on the same question. I'm assuming that for Coventry to return to action, someone with a promoters license will be needed, or will the fairy godmother approach of Belle Vue be relied upon here?

This could get interesting if Horton retains the rights to the Coventry "franchise" and someone else runs speedway out of Brandon, as, er, "Brandon Bees", maybe, or the "Rugby Rebels" perhaps? Shades of AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons going on here.

Edited by uk_martin

Good luck guys !

It would be great to see you back in the top league sometime soon.

I miss my trips to Cov..