7. Jye Etheridge

1. Nick Morris

2. Adam Ellis

3. Troy Batchelor

4. David Bellego

5. Tobiasz Musielak 

6. Zach Wajtknecht 

7. Mitchell Davey

Can see Belle Vue winning the first leg by a good 15-20 points. A narrow Robins win in the return leg. If Drozdz hits the ground running, the Aces have a formidable top 6. The Robins look weak at reserve, will need Musielak to carry on 2017 form but as a heatleader. Still unsure about Bellego, Swindon will have a big hitter at number 4 if he can rediscover his early season form from 2017.

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

If the photographs from BVs P&P day are anything to go off , it looks like Drozdz will line up at 4 with Tungate ?

Its possible Drozdz and Etheridge may struggle initially, so im going for a narrow Aces win  

Having Damian and Rohan paired together at home should work, away it will leave us weak in those heats. Craig and Steve are our two best away riders going off last years averages so pairing them together away is a waste imo. 

Maybe we will have a different home and away line up or the numbers on the race suit were there before positions have been sorted. 

Steve should be placed in a HL position in a season when he needs to step up consistently at that level. 

With regards the result it should be comfortable for The Aces but early season meetings can often throw up odd results. 

• Like 1

could go either way, 1st match of the season, cobwebs still to be blown off,like for like I think it's pretty even other than the reserves, this is where Belle Vue are notably better.

I'll put my neck on the line and say a narrow home win. 4-6 points.

• Like 1

I fancy a ten point or more  home win  for the Aces, the sides look closely matched but the Aces have a big advantage at reserve.For Swindon i believe Zach and Adam can improve and i actually think Nick can add more consistency to his performances.For the home side Fricke /Bewley/Tungate can all improve and i believe Etheridge will chip in as well with points i hope it is a entertaining meeting i can't wait for the return match on Thursday.

• Like 1

Agree about Worrall, will be good for his development to get him away from number two.

Being the first meeting I would give BV a slight advantage on their home track but that will be reversed next thurs,  overall it could go to either team.  

5 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Being the first meeting I would give BV a slight advantage on their home track but that will be reversed next thurs,  overall it could go to either team.  

I'd agree. It looks like it could to be very close over the 2 legs.

Close season early fixture with no known form to base any real opinion so I'd say a small home win of 6-10 points. 

Line ups

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces
Craig Cook, Steve Worrall (C), Damian Dróżdż, Rohan Tungate, Max Fricke, Jye Etheridge, Dan Bewley; TM: Mark Lemon

Swindon ‘CFS Filtration’ Robins
Nick Morris, Adam Ellis, Troy Batchelor, David Bellego, Tobiasz Musielak, Zach Wajtknecht, Mitchell Davey; TM: Alun Rossiter

Anyone know which charity is benefiting from this meeting yet?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Looking forward to seeing the young Pole, though not expecting too much this early in the season 

Riding at number 3 is certainly a tough start 

1 minute ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Looking forward to seeing the young Pole, though not expecting too much this early in the season 

Riding at number 3 is certainly a tough start 

I thought you would have put him at 2. Simply to hide him a little bit in the early part of the season. 

Is the weather going to be ok?  

44 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I thought you would have put him at 2. Simply to hide him a little bit in the early part of the season. 

Is the weather going to be ok?  

I take it his motors are fast and he's had a spin or two..5 points would be ok